* Re: wireless-regdb: Update regulatory rules for Egypt (EG) on 5GHz
       [not found] <CAPCMANR84rD9pLnoq1S9Oi_J9U+P85=aBu+0z96q=DpGkHxKvQ@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2020-10-18 17:44 ` Raif Atef
From: Raif Atef @ 2020-10-18 17:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-wireless

Hello,
I am from Egypt. The current enforced wireless regdb restrictions for
my country are out of date and very severe (40 MHz max) and have been
relaxed by our NTRA (National Telecom Regulatory Authority) in 2018:
https://nuzeal.com/index.php/2018/01/07/macao-update-to-list-of-exempted-devices-2/

Kindly update the restrictions based on the official published
guidelines available on the NTRA website present at this URL:

https://www.tra.gov.eg/en/industry/importing-of-equipment/Pages/Regulations-for-use-of-Wireless-Networks-Devices.aspx

Thank you very much.

* Re: wireless-regdb: Update regulatory rules for Egypt (EG) on 5GHz
       [not found]   ` <CAKOr0YRy=14-0QHBJNPWK3LHNMY01eVZnGL8nToP1271vJwz+g@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2023-07-11 15:16     ` Seth Forshee
From: Seth Forshee @ 2023-07-11 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mohammed Ismail; +Cc: wireless-regdb, linux-wireless

Please be sure that you do not drop the mailing lists when you reply.

On Tue, Jul 04, 2023 at 08:07:35PM +0300, Mohammed Ismail wrote:
> Dear  Seth,
> Thank you for your swift reply, and I am sorry for that huge delay in my
> response.
>
> You are right that there is no power information in the documents I
> provided.
>
> But the power allowed for 5150-5350 is 200mw
> and your rules defined (5250 - 5350 @ 80), (*20*), DFS, AUTO-BW,
> wmmrule=ETSI

This is because 5250-5350 MHz requires TPC. Linux does not support TPC, so
we must reduce the max EIRP by half to 100 mW in this range.

I'll send a patch soon.

Thanks,
Seth

       [not found] <CAKOr0YRiWtywH_hggMn0jFivS7GOp9huw+ib5Lz43BxWo5M7CA@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2023-06-01 13:21 ` Seth Forshee
       [not found]   ` <CAKOr0YRy=14-0QHBJNPWK3LHNMY01eVZnGL8nToP1271vJwz+g@mail.gmail.com>
From: Seth Forshee @ 2023-06-01 13:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mohammed Ismail; +Cc: wireless-regdb, linux-wireless

On Thu, May 25, 2023 at 12:04:00PM +0300, Mohammed Ismail wrote:
> Hi
> Current rules are
>
> country EG: DFS-ETSI
>         (2402 - 2483 @ 40), (N/A, 20), (N/A)
>         (5150 - 5250 @ 80), (N/A, 23), (N/A), NO-OUTDOOR, AUTO-BW
>         (5250 - 5330 @ 80), (N/A, 20), (0 ms), NO-OUTDOOR, DFS, AUTO-BW
>
> it is outdated , here are the updated information
>
> https://www.tra.gov.eg/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/EGY-NTRA-June21-NFAT.pdf
>
> https://www.tra.gov.eg/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/EGY-NTRA-June21-Chart.pdf

Thanks for the links, however they don't seem to contain the information
about power limits, etc. that we need to update the database. I found
this document:

https://www.tra.gov.eg/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/EGY-NTRA-March-2022-SRD_English_Final.pdf

From this I think the correct rules are: