* Kernel binary for RTL8192EE
@ 2014-05-11 16:41 Larry Finger
       [not found] ` <CAB1v6G2jEgcUrCsQn2mo5Zts2mXpVfYTmjkg_dMT2oAQKOc08w@mail.gmail.com>
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Larry Finger @ 2014-05-11 16:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-wireless

This mail is blind copied to everyone that has contacted me regarding a driver
for the RTL8192EE, and to the Realtek developers.

Although the patches needed to add this driver to the 3.14.X kernel were made
available earlier, not everyone has the expertise needed to build a kernel for
their system. As the Lenovo T440s is the only computer that currently is
shipping with this device, and Lenovo uses Ubuntu 14.04, I have built such a
patched kernel and I am making is available. This one uses the official 3.13.3
source currently in use by Ubuntu and includes all of their patches.

The file is obtained at
http://www.lwfinger.com/realtek_drivers/linux-image-3.13.9_0.9_amd64.deb. At
present, I do not have a 32-bit version available. After downloading, this
kernel is installed using the command 'sudo dpkg -i <path_to_downloaded_deb_file>

Larry