linux-xfs.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* cleanup inventory incl files
@ 2022-03-17 20:14 mb
From: mb @ 2022-03-17 20:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-xfs

Hi,
I'm a new user of doing backups with xfs tools. so my questions are very
basic.
Anyway, I want to try to do daily incremental backups with xfsdump.

As far as I understood, after 10 days (or better after 9 levels) i have to start from scratch.
I'm able to clean my inventory based on media label / session id.
So far so good.
But the files behind the inventory still stay on disk.
I'm struggeling also to overwrite these files. So I assume I have to
delete the files by my own manually.

Or do you see any other convinient way to delete the dumps when
deleting the related entries from the inventory?

thx for any hint
marko

only message in thread, other threads:[~2022-03-17 20:14 UTC | newest]