linuxppc-dev.lists.ozlabs.org archive mirror
* Linux problem in mpc8260
@ 2008-09-22 12:07 VenkataKrishna
From: VenkataKrishna @ 2008-09-22 12:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linuxppc-embedded

 In our target board have two banks of flash device. Which is connected two
Chip select 0(CS0) and Chip select 1 (CS1). In Hardware our target board has
specialty   jumper setting change CS0 VsCS1. Booting device always connected
CS0. What is our problem is I want download my Linux uImage in one of flash
device in my board when change jumper setting in hardware the board should
be boot .Board  is Powerpc based processor (MPC8260). Any one suggest me
what can I do. Where can I initialization memory device.

Thanks and Regards

Venkatakrishna Pari

* Re: Linux problem in mpc8260
@ 2008-09-23 22:06 ` Scott Wood
From: Scott Wood @ 2008-09-23 22:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: VenkataKrishna; +Cc: linuxppc-embedded

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 05:37:24PM +0530, VenkataKrishna wrote:
>  In our target board have two banks of flash device. Which is connected two
> Chip select 0(CS0) and Chip select 1 (CS1). In Hardware our target board has
> specialty   jumper setting change CS0 VsCS1. Booting device always connected
> CS0. What is our problem is I want download my Linux uImage in one of flash
> device in my board when change jumper setting in hardware the board should
> be boot .Board  is Powerpc based processor (MPC8260). Any one suggest me
> what can I do. Where can I initialization memory device.

You need to put a u-boot (or other firmware) image in each bank.

-Scott