linuxppc-dev.lists.ozlabs.org archive mirror
* [newbie] uboot relevant !
       [not found] <d7ca49770903181013h20368741t7cd4653a83286006@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2009-03-19  6:14 ` Manish D
From: Manish D @ 2009-03-19  6:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linuxppc-dev

Hi all,

please bear these probably newbie questions.

I am trying to port a BSP from 2.4 to 2.6 for a mpc834x based platform.
I am building and working on the device tree now.
Is there a way build this bsp, without taking the device tree route ?
I guess not.

The uboot version i am using is old and not sure how this uboot can
pass the device tree details while booting the kernel.
Is there a way to load 2.6 kernel from this older bootloader (cuImage
?) or will i have to upgrade to a newer uboot ?

Any relevant pointers for this would be appreciated.

TIA,
Manish

* Re: [newbie] uboot relevant !
@ 2009-03-19 11:35   ` Josh Boyer
From: Josh Boyer @ 2009-03-19 11:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manish D; +Cc: linuxppc-dev

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 11:44:54AM +0530, Manish D wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>please bear these probably newbie questions.
>
>I am trying to port a BSP from 2.4 to 2.6 for a mpc834x based platform.
>I am building and working on the device tree now.
>Is there a way build this bsp, without taking the device tree route ?
>I guess not.
>
>The uboot version i am using is old and not sure how this uboot can
>pass the device tree details while booting the kernel.
>Is there a way to load 2.6 kernel from this older bootloader (cuImage
>?) or will i have to upgrade to a newer uboot ?

Yes, cuImage should be what you are looking for.

josh