linuxppc-dev.lists.ozlabs.org archive mirror
* FSL Driver load issues with OF
@ 2009-04-29  9:45 Benjamin Zores
From: Benjamin Zores @ 2009-04-29  9:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linuxppc-dev

Hi there,

Since the progressive migration of some PPC drivers to use of_platform bus
(typically migrating OF parsing from fsl_soc.c to the device probe/init
functions),
I'm experiencing driver load issues.

Actually, I'm not longer able to load of these drivers as the probe()
function is never called.
Everything goes fine if I put code back to fsl_soc.c with the
arch_initcall() command.

Example of drivers that do no longer load for me: gianfar, talitos ...
Is there something obvious that I've missed ?

Ben

* Re: FSL Driver load issues with OF
@ 2009-04-30 16:20 ` Scott Wood
From: Scott Wood @ 2009-04-30 16:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Benjamin Zores; +Cc: linuxppc-dev

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 11:45:20AM +0200, Benjamin Zores wrote:
> Since the progressive migration of some PPC drivers to use of_platform bus
> (typically migrating OF parsing from fsl_soc.c to the device probe/init
> functions),
> I'm experiencing driver load issues.
>
> Actually, I'm not longer able to load of these drivers as the probe()
> function is never called.

Make sure your board is calling of_platform_bus_probe(), and that the
devices you're trying to probe are under buses described by the id list.

-Scott

* Re: FSL Driver load issues with OF
@ 2009-05-04 14:27   ` Benjamin Zores
From: Benjamin Zores @ 2009-05-04 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw)