linuxppc-dev.lists.ozlabs.org archive mirror
* Starting bare metal application on second core of P2020
@ 2010-02-17 12:54 Felix Radensky
From: Felix Radensky @ 2010-02-17 12:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linuxppc-dev

Hi,

We'd like to run Linux on core0 of P2020 and some bare metal application
running without OS
on core1. Is it possible to start this application from Linux ? I've
seen example of running 2 copies
of Linux in AMP mode, in which case both are started from u-boot. I'd
like to leave core1 in
reset, start Linux on core0 from u-boot and load bare metal application
from Linux. If this
possible, where can I learn about the procedure ?

Thanks.

Felix.

* Re: Starting bare metal application on second core of P2020
@ 2010-02-17 17:18 ` Kumar Gala
From: Kumar Gala @ 2010-02-17 17:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Felix Radensky; +Cc: linuxppc-dev

On Feb 17, 2010, at 6:54 AM, Felix Radensky wrote:

> Hi,
>=20
> We'd like to run Linux on core0 of P2020 and some bare metal =
application running without OS
> on core1. Is it possible to start this application from Linux ? I've =
seen example of running 2 copies
> of Linux in AMP mode, in which case both are started from u-boot. I'd =
like to leave core1 in
> reset, start Linux on core0 from u-boot and load bare metal =
application from Linux. If this
> possible, where can I learn about the procedure ?

There is no of the shelf support for this.  It would be reasonable easy =
to create a driver to load up your application for Linux and kick the =
second cpu to start it.

- k=