LinuxPPC-Dev Archive on lore.kernel.org
* question about work on CMA integration into DMA
@ 2020-07-30 12:17 Maksym Kokhan
From: Maksym Kokhan @ 2020-07-30 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linuxppc-dev

Hello!

I am working on some driver, which needs to allocate a big contiguous
memory block (~10 MB) and has to work on multiple platforms (x86, arm,
arm64, mips, powerpc). CMA - is the most appropriate way in this case,
but I have faced an unexpected problem - the fact that the CMA
subsystem is not integrated into the DMA subsystem for powerpc,
and I cannot request memory from CMA area from my kernel module.
The question is: is there any work in progress on CMA to DMA
integration?  Or is it decided not to perform such work at all?
And, is there any legal way to allocate a big contiguous memory block
from the kernel module on powerpc?

Thanks for your help,
Max

only message in thread, back to index