linuxppc-dev.lists.ozlabs.org archive mirror
* DTC sources move
@ 2009-03-27 14:16 Michal Simek
From: Michal Simek @ 2009-03-27 14:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: benh, Grant Likely, linuxppc-dev

Hi Ben,

could you please move DTC to any generic location. I would like to use it for Microblaze cpu too.

Thanks,
Michal

--
Michal Simek, Ing. (M.Eng)
w: www.monstr.eu p: +42-0-721842854

* Re: DTC sources move
@ 2009-03-27 15:57 ` Grant Likely
From: Grant Likely @ 2009-03-27 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: monstr; +Cc: David Gibson, linuxppc-dev

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 8:16 AM, Michal Simek <monstr@monstr.eu> wrote:
> Hi Ben,
>
> could you please move DTC to any generic location. I would like to use it for Microblaze cpu too.

Michal,

David Gibson is the one responsible for the in-tree dtc source, not
Ben, and you should prepare the patches yourself to move dtc.

g.

--
Grant Likely, B.Sc., P.Eng.
Secret Lab Technologies Ltd.

* Re: DTC sources move
@ 2009-03-27 18:55   ` Jon Loeliger
From: Jon Loeliger @ 2009-03-27 18:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Grant Likely; +Cc: linuxppc-dev, monstr, devicetree-discuss, David Gibson

> On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 8:16 AM, Michal Simek <monstr@monstr.eu> wrote:
> > Hi Ben,
> >
> > could you please move DTC to any generic location. I would like to use it f
> or Microblaze cpu too.
>
> Michal,
>
> David Gibson is the one responsible for the in-tree dtc source, not
> Ben, and you should prepare the patches yourself to move dtc.

And, I might add, please update it from its main repo in the process...

jdl

* Re: DTC sources move
@ 2009-03-27 23:18   ` David Gibson
From: David Gibson @ 2009-03-27 23:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Grant Likely; +Cc: linuxppc-dev, monstr

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 09:57:25AM -0600, Grant Likely wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 8:16 AM, Michal Simek <monstr@monstr.eu> wrote:
> > Hi Ben,
> >
> > could you please move DTC to any generic location. I would like to use it for Microblaze cpu too.
>
> Michal,
>
> David Gibson is the one responsible for the in-tree dtc source, not
> Ben, and you should prepare the patches yourself to move dtc.

No, I'll do it myself.  As Jon says, we should update to a more recent
upstream dtc at the same time and in any case I'll need to update my
scripts for importing dtc into the kernel tree.

				| _way_ _around_!
http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson

* Re: DTC sources move
@ 2009-03-28 11:02     ` Michal Simek
From: Michal Simek @ 2009-03-28 11:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Grant Likely, monstr, linuxppc-dev

David Gibson wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 09:57:25AM -0600, Grant Likely wrote:
>> On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 8:16 AM, Michal Simek <monstr@monstr.eu> wrote:
>>> Hi Ben,
>>>
>>> could you please move DTC to any generic location. I would like to use it for Microblaze cpu too.
>> Michal,
>>
>> David Gibson is the one responsible for the in-tree dtc source, not
>> Ben, and you should prepare the patches yourself to move dtc.
>
> No, I'll do it myself.  As Jon says, we should update to a more recent
> upstream dtc at the same time and in any case I'll need to update my
> scripts for importing dtc into the kernel tree.

Ok. Thanks.

Michal