live-patching.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Live patching MC preliminary schedule
@ 2019-08-27  8:08 Jiri Kosina
From: Jiri Kosina @ 2019-08-27  8:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Petr Mladek, Nicolai Stange, Kamalesh Babulal, Joe Lawrence,
	Miroslav Benes, Alice Ferrazzi, Josh Poimboeuf
  Cc: live-patching

Hi,

I've created a preliminary schedule of live patching MC at LPC; it can be
seen here:

	https://linuxplumbersconf.org/event/4/sessions/47/#20190911

Please take a look, and let me know in case you'd like to request any
modification of the schedule.

Thanks, and looking forward to seeing you all in Lisbon,

--
Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs

* Re: Live patching MC preliminary schedule
@ 2019-08-27 11:17 ` Petr Mladek
From: Petr Mladek @ 2019-08-27 11:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jiri Kosina
  Cc: Nicolai Stange, Kamalesh Babulal, Joe Lawrence, Miroslav Benes,
	Alice Ferrazzi, Josh Poimboeuf, live-patching

On Tue 2019-08-27 10:08:17, Jiri Kosina wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've created a preliminary schedule of live patching MC at LPC; it can be
> seen here:
>
> 	https://linuxplumbersconf.org/event/4/sessions/47/#20190911
>
> Please take a look, and let me know in case you'd like to request any
> modification of the schedule.

The schedule looks reasonable to me.

I guess that "Rethinking late module patching" could cause the most
heating discussion. It is great that it is at the beginning.

On the other hand, "API for state changes made by callbacks" might
be pretty short. The v2 patchset has got positive feedback modulo
some cosmetic issues. This slot might help to catch up with
the schedule when necessary.

Best Regards,
Petr