* Re: RTC causes hard lockups in 2.5.70-mm8
@ 2003-06-13  8:40 Florian Schirmer
From: Florian Schirmer @ 2003-06-13  8:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel; +Cc: alan, duvall

Hi,

> Alan asked whether it was a specific in or out instruction in the
> driver, but I don't know how to find out.

rtc_read never returns. It is busy waiting for a rtc interrupt to arrive.
Which will never do... I blaim ACPI, as it works fine with acpi=off.

Regards,
  Florian

* Re: RTC causes hard lockups in 2.5.70-mm8
@ 2003-06-19  7:31     ` Eric Altendorf
From: Eric Altendorf @ 2003-06-19  7:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Oops.  Incorrect swsusp maillist address in previous email...sorry if
people get bounces when they reply to that msg.

--eric

@ 2003-06-17 19:34   ` Eric Altendorf
From: Eric Altendorf @ 2003-06-17 19:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
	swsusp-devel-request

@ 2003-06-13  8:25 ` Alan Cox
From: Alan Cox @ 2003-06-13  8:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2003-06-13  2:24 ` Danek Duvall
From: Danek Duvall @ 2003-06-13  2:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nathaniel W. Filardo; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 10:12:06PM -0400, Nathaniel W. Filardo wrote:

> If I set CONFIG_RTC=m and rebuild, when the kernel autoloads rtc.ko the
> system immediately locks hard, not responding even to magic SysRq series.
> Backing out either of the rtc-* patches from -mm8 does not seem to fix the
> problem.
>
> Hardware is a Fujitsu P2120 with Transmeta TM8500 with ALi chipset:

I saw this on the same hardware on 2.4.21-rc7-ac1, and I've seen a
report of the same on -rc1-ac3, but not on module loading, on accessing
the driver.  The problem doesn't seem to be present when running the non
-acX kernels.

Alan asked whether it was a specific in or out instruction in the
driver, but I don't know how to find out.

Danek

* RTC causes hard lockups in 2.5.70-mm8
@ 2003-06-13  2:12 Nathaniel W. Filardo
From: Nathaniel W. Filardo @ 2003-06-13  2:12 UTC (permalink / raw)