* [ANNOUNCE] exfat-utils-1.0.1 initial version released
       [not found] <CGME20200409015934epcas1p442d68b06ec7c5f3ca125c197687c2295@epcas1p4.samsung.com>
@ 2020-04-09  1:59 ` Namjae Jeon
From: Namjae Jeon @ 2020-04-09  1:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-fsdevel, linux-kernel
  Cc: 'Hyunchul Lee', 'Eric Sandeen'

The initial version(1.0.1) of exfat-utils is now available.
This is the official userspace utilities for exfat filesystem of
linux-kernel.

The major changes in this release:
  * mkfs.exfat: quick/full format support
  * mkfs.exfat: specify cluster size
  * mkfs.exfat: set volume label
  * fsck.exfat: consistency check support

The git tree is at:
      https://github.com/exfat-utils/exfat-utils

The tarballs can be found at
      https://github.com/exfat-utils/exfat-utils/releases/tag/1.0.1

* Re: [ANNOUNCE] exfat-utils-1.0.1 initial version released
@ 2020-04-15 16:47   ` Goldwyn Rodrigues
From: Goldwyn Rodrigues @ 2020-04-15 16:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Namjae Jeon
  Cc: linux-fsdevel, linux-kernel, 'Hyunchul Lee',
	'Eric Sandeen'

Hi,

On 10:59 09/04, Namjae Jeon wrote:
> The initial version(1.0.1) of exfat-utils is now available.
> This is the official userspace utilities for exfat filesystem of
> linux-kernel.

For the sake of sanity of the distributions which already carry
exfat-utils based on fuse (https://github.com/relan/exfat), would it be
possible to either change the name of the project to say exfat-progs or
increase the version number to beyond 1.4?

exfat-progs is more in line with xfsprogs, btrfsprogs or e2fsprogs :)

--
Goldwyn

* RE: [ANNOUNCE] exfat-utils-1.0.1 initial version released
@ 2020-04-15 23:35     ` Namjae Jeon
From: Namjae Jeon @ 2020-04-15 23:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Goldwyn Rodrigues'
  Cc: linux-fsdevel, linux-kernel, 'Hyunchul Lee',
	'Eric Sandeen'

> Hi,
Hi Goldwyn,

> On 10:59 09/04, Namjae Jeon wrote:
> > The initial version(1.0.1) of exfat-utils is now available.
> > This is the official userspace utilities for exfat filesystem of
> > linux-kernel.
>
> For the sake of sanity of the distributions which already carry exfat-
> utils based on fuse (https://protect2.fireeye.com/url?k=20c6da2a-7d5874b0-
> 20c75165-0cc47a336fae-
> 6943064efcd15854&q=1&u=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Frelan%2Fexfat), would it
> be possible to either change the name of the project to say exfat-progs or
> increase the version number to beyond 1.4?
>
> exfat-progs is more in line with xfsprogs, btrfsprogs or e2fsprogs :)
Oh, I see. I agree to rename to exfat-progs. I will work to release version
1.0.2 with that name.
Thank you for your opinion!

@ 2020-04-16  8:21       ` Sedat Dilek
From: Sedat Dilek @ 2020-04-16  8:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Namjae Jeon
  Cc: Goldwyn Rodrigues, linux-fsdevel, linux-kernel, Hyunchul Lee,
	Eric Sandeen

On Thu, Apr 16, 2020 at 3:15 AM Namjae Jeon <namjae.jeon@samsung.com> wrote:

> > Hi,
> Hi Goldwyn,
>

> > On 10:59 09/04, Namjae Jeon wrote:
> > > The initial version(1.0.1) of exfat-utils is now available.
> > > This is the official userspace utilities for exfat filesystem of
> > > linux-kernel.
> >
> > For the sake of sanity of the distributions which already carry exfat-
> > utils based on fuse (https://protect2.fireeye.com/url?k=20c6da2a-7d5874b0-
> > 20c75165-0cc47a336fae-
> > 6943064efcd15854&q=1&u=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Frelan%2Fexfat), would it
> > be possible to either change the name of the project to say exfat-progs or
> > increase the version number to beyond 1.4?
> >
> > exfat-progs is more in line with xfsprogs, btrfsprogs or e2fsprogs :)
> Oh, I see. I agree to rename to exfat-progs. I will work to release version
> 1.0.2 with that name.
> Thank you for your opinion!

Hi,

this Monday I started testing Linux v5.7-rc1 with CONFIG_EXFAT_FS=m
together with LLVM/Clang v10.

Here I am on Debian/testing AMD64 and wondered how I can do some testing.

In the Debian repositories I found exfat-utils 1.3.0-1.

So good to know this is the wrong user-space tools :-).

+1 for renaming to exfat-progs.

How does someone test EXFAT filesystem with Linux v5.7-rc1?
I know that xfs-progs ships tests also for EXT4 filesystem.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
- Sedat -