* Reqeust export symbol for API in arch/arm64/*
       [not found] <CGME20200506124645epcas2p25a8efbe59fa20194e19d642227dd47ae@epcas2p2.samsung.com>
@ 2020-05-06 12:46 ` 최동혁/DONGHYEOK CHOE
From: 최동혁/DONGHYEOK CHOE @ 2020-05-06 12:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: will, linux-arm-kernel, linux-kernel
  Cc: hosung0.kim, changki.kim, hajun.sung, gregkh, youngmin.nam

Hello,

I am software engineer in charge of BSP (Samsung SOC vendor).

Recently, Google introduced GKI from Android R version.
We cannot use mainline API without 'export symbol' by the GKI policy.
But we want to make an arm64 specific vendor driver in {kernel source
root}/drivers/soc/samsung/*.

Could you support us to use the below APIs?

1. [register_kernel_break_hook]
To make runtime debug feature. We need architecture support.(break hook)
It's an architecture specific function. After cpu execute specific
instruction, A function with a parameter which is the context at that
time(the executing specific instruction) is performed. I am trying to
restore the locked context by using this fuction with  the el3 trap for
debugging hardlockup core(s).

2. [dump_backtrace]
Although 'dump_stack' is already supported, we need 'dump_backtrace' also.
Because we need lighten api to debug system. In some situation like bus
hang(HW bug), dump_stack highly likely make a problem again while printing
debug information.

* Re: Reqeust export symbol for API in arch/arm64/*
@ 2020-05-06 12:53   ` Will Deacon
From: Will Deacon @ 2020-05-06 12:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: �ֵ���/DONGHYEOK CHOE
  Cc: linux-arm-kernel, linux-kernel, hosung0.kim, changki.kim,
	hajun.sung, gregkh, youngmin.nam

On Wed, May 06, 2020 at 09:46:45PM +0900, �ֵ���/DONGHYEOK CHOE wrote:
> I am software engineer in charge of BSP (Samsung SOC vendor).
>
> Recently, Google introduced GKI from Android R version.
> We cannot use mainline API without 'export symbol' by the GKI policy.
> But we want to make an arm64 specific vendor driver in {kernel source
> root}/drivers/soc/samsung/*.
>
> Could you support us to use the below APIs?

Sorry, but as a general rule of thumb the kernel doesn't EXPORT symbols
that are not used by in-tree modules. You'll need to submit your drivers
along with the patches doing the exports if they are to be considered
for inclusion.

Thanks,

Will

* RE: Reqeust export symbol for API in arch/arm64/*
@ 2020-05-06 13:05     ` 최동혁/DONGHYEOK CHOE
From: 최동혁/DONGHYEOK CHOE @ 2020-05-06 13:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Will Deacon'
  Cc: linux-arm-kernel, linux-kernel, hosung0.kim, changki.kim,