* Re: AMD thunderbird oops
@ 2001-06-26 14:06 Alex Deucher
From: Alex Deucher @ 2001-06-26 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: joeja, linux-kernel

I get oopses too when I use kernels compiled for athlon on my redhat
7.1, athlon 850 system.  runs rock solid when I compile for i686.  I
assumed the athlon optimizations in the kernel were broken, or gcc's
athlon optimization was, as I seem to recall some discussion of this a
while back on the LKML.

athlon 850 (200 FSB)
512 MB RAM
IWILL KK266

Alex

----------------------------

I just upgradede my system to an 1200Mhz AMD Athlon Thundirbird (266Mhz
FSB) processor / 512Meg of RAM, and an
Asus kt7a motherboard.

It is oppsing left and right. I recompiled the kernel with Athelon as
the CPU but keep getting these oopses..

I also get these same problems while trying to install RH 7.1

Anyone know is this a supported processor / MB and has anyone had these
problems?

Joe please cc me as I am not on this list.
-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel"
in