* unresolved symbol problem
@ 2001-11-05 14:51 Jim Liu
From: Jim Liu @ 2001-11-05 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hello, everyone,

I compile the module with kernel 2.4.9-6 and gcc-2.96-85, then insmod the
module with the same kernel. But I can't load this module. If I turn off
symbol versioning in the kernel config, I can load this module well. But I
hope to add the symbol version into the module. Could anyone give me some
hint?

Error message:
krudp.o: unresolved symbol exit_files_Rb860df9b
krudp.o: unresolved symbol skb_over_panic_Rf967a4cf
krudp.o: unresolved symbol add_wait_queue_R51e5fbbd
krudp.o: unresolved symbol exit_mm_R05afac94
krudp.o: unresolved symbol skb_free_datagram_R6bd0b0a5

Best Regards,
Jim (J. J. Liu)
Email: jjliu@falconstor.com.tw

* Unresolved symbol problem
@ 2000-12-08 12:46 sswapnee
From: sswapnee @ 2000-12-08 12:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hello,

I am new to linux world and currently learning to write device drivers and
modules.  This question might have been
repeated many times on the list but I havent found any satisfactory answer
in the archives hence I am posting this question
again.  While loading the module, the insmod complains about several
unresolved symbols namely securebits, printk, dput, d_alloc_root,
__generic_copy_to_user etc.  I am not using any of these but still I am
getting the errors.  Can someone please
tell me why am I getting this error?  How to resolve this error?

I am using Linux 2.4.0-test10 on Intel Pentium box.

Thanking you in anticipation
Swapneel

-