* what happened to RELATIME?
@ 2007-12-03 20:16 Joakim Tjernlund
From: Joakim Tjernlund @ 2007-12-03 20:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Looking in 2.6.23 sources it seems like only ocfs2 has added
support for RELATIME. Was RELATIME a bad idea or is there
some other reason other filesystems hasn't added support?

 Jocke

* Re: what happened to RELATIME?
@ 2007-12-03 21:34 ` Mark Fasheh
From: Mark Fasheh @ 2007-12-03 21:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joakim Tjernlund; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Mon, Dec 03, 2007 at 09:16:15PM +0100, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
> Looking in 2.6.23 sources it seems like only ocfs2 has added
> support for RELATIME. Was RELATIME a bad idea or is there
> some other reason other filesystems hasn't added support?

Ocfs2 just needs a bit of explicit support - as far as I recall, other file
systems should have gotten it automagically via the generic vfs changes.
	--Mark

--
Mark Fasheh
Senior Software Developer, Oracle

* RE: what happened to RELATIME?
@ 2007-12-03 23:46   ` Joakim Tjernlund
From: Joakim Tjernlund @ 2007-12-03 23:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
> On Mon, Dec 03, 2007 at 09:16:15PM +0100, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
> > Looking in 2.6.23 sources it seems like only ocfs2 has added
> > support for RELATIME. Was RELATIME a bad idea or is there
> > some other reason other filesystems hasn't added support?
>
> Ocfs2 just needs a bit of explicit support - as far as I
> recall, other file
> systems should have gotten it automagically via the generic
> vfs changes.
> 	--Mark

Ahh, that explains it. Can anyone confirm that all in
FS:es honours relatime?

Thanks, Jocke