* xfs depends on exportfs
@ 2006-01-17 20:16 Jan Engelhardt
From: Jan Engelhardt @ 2006-01-17 20:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

I could not find a clue on the first try on why xfs needs exportfs.
The Kconfig says "select EXPORTFS if CONFIG_NFSD!=n", but there are no
occurrences of CONFIG_NFS* or CONFIG_EXP* in any of the files in fs/xfs/.
Did I miss something or this a superfluous line in Kconfig? Interestingly
tho, `modinfo xfs.ko` returns "exportfs", so I suppose it's somewhere, well
hidden. If so, where?

Regards,
Jan Engelhardt

* Re: xfs depends on exportfs
@ 2006-01-17 20:42 ` Nathan Scott
From: Nathan Scott @ 2006-01-17 20:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 09:16:51PM +0100, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I could not find a clue on the first try on why xfs needs exportfs.
> The Kconfig says "select EXPORTFS if CONFIG_NFSD!=n", but there are no
> occurrences of CONFIG_NFS* or CONFIG_EXP* in any of the files in fs/xfs/.
> Did I miss something or this a superfluous line in Kconfig? Interestingly
> tho, `modinfo xfs.ko` returns "exportfs", so I suppose it's somewhere, well
> hidden. If so, where?

xfs_export.c, find_exported_dentry.

cheers.

--
Nathan

* Re: xfs depends on exportfs
@ 2006-01-18  5:39 ` Keith Owens
From: Keith Owens @ 2006-01-18  5:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jan Engelhardt (on Tue, 17 Jan 2006 21:16:51 +0100 (MET)) wrote:
>I could not find a clue on the first try on why xfs needs exportfs.
>The Kconfig says "select EXPORTFS if CONFIG_NFSD!=n", but there are no
>occurrences of CONFIG_NFS* or CONFIG_EXP* in any of the files in fs/xfs/.
>Did I miss something or this a superfluous line in Kconfig? Interestingly
>tho, `modinfo xfs.ko` returns "exportfs", so I suppose it's somewhere, well
>hidden. If so, where?

XFS uses find_exported_dentry().

Hint: nm fs/xfs/xfs.ko | grep ' U .*exp'