* AT commands & V. Standards. Anyone can be of help..
@ 2002-08-04  2:29 Hell.Surfers
From: Hell.Surfers @ 2002-08-04  2:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jgarzik, linux-kernel

Further to your mail message I believe anyone could be helpful, I need information on hayes modem at functions ,in depth info on how they work, and v. standards literature, any in depth informations in pdf, any format, even if its vague, give me any info you have... anyone who thinks they know anything SHOULD TELL ME... PLEASE.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1444 bytes --]

From: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@mandrakesoft.com>
To: Hell.Surfers@cwctv.net
Subject: Re: how do i integrate my winmodem driver.
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2002 21:49:00 -0400

Hell.Surfers@cwctv.net wrote:
> so far ive got io with the modem and very#very# basic signal processing i unfortunately am not au fais with v.90 ortcp/ip....

drivers/char/mxser.c seems like a good example to follow, for a basic
serial driver...

Let me know if you have any specific questions I can answer, I am very
interested in getting winmodem support going.  I'm willing to review
code, as well, when you have something close to working under Linux.

	Jeff

* Re: AT commands & V. Standards. Anyone can be of help..
@ 2002-08-04 14:10 ` Alan Cox
From: Alan Cox @ 2002-08-04 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hell.Surfers; +Cc: jgarzik, linux-kernel

On Sun, 2002-08-04 at 03:29, Hell.Surfers@cwctv.net wrote:
> Further to your mail message I believe anyone could be helpful, I need information on hayes modem at functions ,in depth info on how they work, and v. standards literature, any in depth informations in pdf, any format, even if its vague, give me any info you have... anyone who thinks they know anything SHOULD TELL ME... PLEASE.

The v. standards are paid to obtain. You must then negotiate any needed
patent licenses with the standards group members.