* [ANNOUNCE] 2.5 kernel errata list
@ 2003-02-18 19:13 Paul Larson
From: Paul Larson @ 2003-02-18 19:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lkml

Based on a suggestion and several people saying they would find it
useful, I'm keeping a kernel errata page on the Linux Test Project
website at http://ltp.sourceforge.net/errata

I'll try to maintain a list of known fixes for blocking problems with
the most recent kernel on this page.  By "blocking", I mean anything
severe enough to keep you from testing the kernel (can't compile, panic
on boot, catches your hair on fire, etc).  This is _not_ a replacement
for the bug tracking system.  I won't put anything here that doesn't
have a fix or a workaround.  So if you're looking for an exhaustive list
of problems for a given kernel, look at bugme, but if all you want is a
list of known fixes to get you up and running quickly, the errata list
should give you a quick and easy answer.

If you have any suggestions to make this more useful or if you see
anything I've missed, please let me know.

Thanks,
Paul Larson

* Re: [ANNOUNCE] 2.5 kernel errata list
@ 2003-02-20  1:31 ` Rik van Riel
From: Rik van Riel @ 2003-02-20  1:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Larson; +Cc: lkml

On Tue, 18 Feb 2003, Paul Larson wrote:

> Based on a suggestion and several people saying they would find it
> useful, I'm keeping a kernel errata page on the Linux Test Project
> website at http://ltp.sourceforge.net/errata

How is this different from the 2.5 bugzilla database ?

http://bugzilla.kernel.org/

Rik
--
Engineers don't grow up, they grow sideways.
http://www.surriel.com/		http://kernelnewbies.org/

* Re: [ANNOUNCE] 2.5 kernel errata list
@ 2003-02-21 18:19   ` Paul Larson
From: Paul Larson @ 2003-02-21 18:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rik van Riel; +Cc: Paul Larson, lkml

Sorry for the late reply, I'm down with the flu atm.

Rik van Riel wrote:

>How is this different from the 2.5 bugzilla database ?

The bugzilla database tracks problems, whether they are fixed or not.
 The errata list aims to be a quick (hopefully short) list of known
fixes to problems.  Bugzilla also tracks all types of problems where the
errata list will usually only contain fixes to major, blocking problems.
 Basically I'm trying to keep a list that will help people quickly find
the diffs against releases that will help them get up and running enough
to test with.

Thanks,
Paul Larson