* 2.5.63-osdl3
@ 2003-03-04 23:52 Stephen Hemminger
From: Stephen Hemminger @ 2003-03-04 23:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

2.5.63-osdl3 is available at  http://sourceforge.net/projects/osdldcl
or BitKeeper          bk://bk.osdl.org/linux-2.5-osdl  TAG: v2.5.63-osdl3
or OSDL Patch Lifecycle Manager (http://www.osdl.org/cgi-bin/plm/)
	osdl-2.5.63-3	PLM # 1625

2.5.63-osdl3:
o Align with latest LKCD
o Update to latest AS scheduler from 2.5.63-mm2
o Make defconfig turn on LTT,LKCD       (me)
  This is to force config options on for STP

2.5.63-osdl2:
o Make default IO scheduler be deadline (me)
o Improved flock bugfix		 	(Matthew Wilcox)

2.5.63-osdl1:
o Update to Megaraid 2 driver		(Matt Domsch, Mark Haverkamp)
o Cpu Hot Plug				(Zwane Mwaikambo)
o CFQ disk scheduler			(Jens Axboe)
o Anticipatory scheduler		(Nick Piggin)
o Pentium Performance Counters		(Mikael Pettersson)
o Linux Kernel Crash Dump (LKCD)        (Matt Robinson, LKCD team)
o Kernel Exec (Kexec)			(Eric W. Biederman)
o Linux Trace Toolkit (LTT)             (Karim Yaghmour)
o Kernel Config (ikconfig)		(Randy Dunlap)
o Improved boot time TSC synchronization (Jim Houston)
o RCU statistics               		(Dipankar Sarma)
o Scheduler tunables            	(Robert Love)

Changes since 2.5.62
* Merge -osdl and -dcl into one tree
  Seperate trees were temporary till NUMA and hi-res timers
  got merged to the base kernel.

+ Update to LKCD
  Now includes latest memory and kexec hook.

+ Add CFQ and AS scheduler from -mm tree
  Can choose scheduler via the kernel boot commandline:
        elevator=as
        elevator=cfq
        elevator=deadline (default)
  The anticipatory scheduler is experimental and may not boot
  on some systems.

- Take out kprobe
  No test available or interface available other than the
  simple /dev/noisy

Project information:
        http://www.osdl.org/projects/dcl/

* Re: 2.5.63-osdl3
@ 2003-03-05  1:14 ` Stephen Hemminger
From: Stephen Hemminger @ 2003-03-05  1:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

The patch diff had some extra cruft should be fixed now.
2.5.63-osdl3a is available at  http://sourceforge.net/projects/osdldclor
or OSDL Patch Lifecycle Manager (http://www.osdl.org/cgi-bin/plm/)
	osdl-2.5.63-4	PLM # 1654

--