* cpufreq: scaling_governor=powersave produces time warp
@ 2003-04-01 22:13 Felipe Alfaro Solana
From: Felipe Alfaro Solana @ 2003-04-01 22:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: LKML

Hi,

On my Pentium IV 2Ghz and Intel i845 motherboard, adjusting the CPU
Frequency with:

echo powersave > /sys/devices/sys/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

makes the system clock start skewing into the future at a very fast
rate: the clock time advances at approximately ten times its normal
speed (one minute of system clock flies by in less than 5 seconds of
real time). Adjusting scaling_governor back to "performance" fixes the
problem.

Is this a bug? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

        Felipe Alfaro Solana
   Linux Registered User #287198
http://counter.li.org

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-04-01 22:02 UTC | newest]