* ACPI conflict with USB
@ 2003-05-08 22:50 David van Hoose
From: David van Hoose @ 2003-05-08 22:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

I'm wondering if there is any work towards correcting the ACPI conflict
with USB. On my system, I cannot use any USB devices due to a timeout
anytime I use ACPI with my kernel. Other people have noticed this
happening on their systems as well, so I am assuming it isn't just on my
system.
If I could be of assistance with testing patches in an attempt to fix
this problem, just send me an email outlining what I need to look for
and do.

Thank you!
-David

* Re: ACPI conflict with USB
@ 2003-05-09  0:22 ` Greg KH
From: Greg KH @ 2003-05-09  0:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David van Hoose; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 05:50:36PM -0500, David van Hoose wrote:
> I'm wondering if there is any work towards correcting the ACPI conflict
> with USB. On my system, I cannot use any USB devices due to a timeout
> anytime I use ACPI with my kernel. Other people have noticed this
> happening on their systems as well, so I am assuming it isn't just on my
> system.

Have you tried the latest 2.5 kernels?  I think this is fixed in 2.5.69
for the majority of people.  Also, does booting with "noapic" work for
you?

thanks,

greg k-h

* Re: ACPI conflict with USB
@ 2003-05-09  1:42   ` Stian Jordet
From: Stian Jordet @ 2003-05-09  1:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Greg KH; +Cc: David van Hoose, linux-kernel

Sitat Greg KH <greg@kroah.com>:

> On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 05:50:36PM -0500, David van Hoose wrote:
> > I'm wondering if there is any work towards correcting the ACPI conflict
> > with USB. On my system, I cannot use any USB devices due to a timeout
> > anytime I use ACPI with my kernel. Other people have noticed this
> > happening on their systems as well, so I am assuming it isn't just on my
> > system.
>
> Have you tried the latest 2.5 kernels?  I think this is fixed in 2.5.69
> for the majority of people.  Also, does booting with "noapic" work for
> you?

If it is supposed to have been fixed in 2.5.69, that must be the reason usb
stopped working with acpi on 2.5.69 for me. Worked fine with 2.5.68.

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=105216850332081&w=2

Only three days since I reported it, and you say it is fixed? Gee.

David: The consensus on acpi-devel is to report it in bugzilla, and see what
happens.

Best regards,
Stian

* Re: ACPI conflict with USB
@ 2003-05-09  1:55     ` David van Hoose
From: David van Hoose @ 2003-05-09  1:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stian Jordet; +Cc: Greg KH, linux-kernel

Stian Jordet wrote:
> Sitat Greg KH <greg@kroah.com>:
>

>>On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 05:50:36PM -0500, David van Hoose wrote:
>>
>>>I'm wondering if there is any work towards correcting the ACPI conflict
>>>with USB. On my system, I cannot use any USB devices due to a timeout
>>>anytime I use ACPI with my kernel. Other people have noticed this
>>>happening on their systems as well, so I am assuming it isn't just on my
>>>system.
>>
>>Have you tried the latest 2.5 kernels?  I think this is fixed in 2.5.69
>>for the majority of people.  Also, does booting with "noapic" work for
>>you?
>

> If it is supposed to have been fixed in 2.5.69, that must be the reason usb
> stopped working with acpi on 2.5.69 for me. Worked fine with 2.5.68.
>
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=105216850332081&w=2
>
> Only three days since I reported it, and you say it is fixed? Gee.
>
> David: The consensus on acpi-devel is to report it in bugzilla, and see what
> happens.

I'm using kernel 2.5.69-bk3 with this recent test. Booted with noapic,
and I get thousands of lines of APIC errors. I still get the 'bulk_msg:
timeout' with USB though.
This hasn't ever worked for me. First tried with 2.5.54. I don't think I
tried 2.5.68. Should I and see if it was something in a patch to 2.5.69?

Thanks,
David

* Re: ACPI conflict with USB
@ 2003-05-09  2:06       ` Stian Jordet
From: Stian Jordet @ 2003-05-09  2:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David van Hoose; +Cc: Greg KH, linux-kernel

Sitat David van Hoose <davidvh@cox.net>:

> Stian Jordet wrote:
> > Sitat Greg KH <greg@kroah.com>:

> >>Have you tried the latest 2.5 kernels?  I think this is fixed in 2.5.69
> >>for the majority of people.  Also, does booting with "noapic" work for
> >>you?
> >

> > If it is supposed to have been fixed in 2.5.69, that must be the reason
> usb
> > stopped working with acpi on 2.5.69 for me. Worked fine with 2.5.68.
> >
> > http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=105216850332081&w=2
> >
> > Only three days since I reported it, and you say it is fixed? Gee.
> >
> > David: The consensus on acpi-devel is to report it in bugzilla, and see
> what
> > happens.
>
> I'm using kernel 2.5.69-bk3 with this recent test. Booted with noapic,
> and I get thousands of lines of APIC errors. I still get the 'bulk_msg:
> timeout' with USB though.
> This hasn't ever worked for me. First tried with 2.5.54. I don't think I
> tried 2.5.68. Should I and see if it was something in a patch to 2.5.69?

Originally I never got usb to work with acpi, until one day I found out that
irq12 needed to be in use (!). If I booted with a ps/2 mouse, it worked perfect.
After some investigation, I found out that my BIOS had a setting for PS/2 mouse,
which were disabled, enabled and auto. Auto were the default. The irq 12 was
only reserved when there was a mouse at boot. If I set it at enabled, it always
reserved irq 12. After I found this out, usb worked perfect untill 2.5.69.

My motherboard is a Asus CUV266-DLS, Dual P3. Why irq12 has to be enabled, I
have never understood.

As a curiosity, I might tell you that when I boot my motherboard with MPS1.4
enabled, I have to disable the secondary ide port to get it to boot Linux. BUT,
when I do that, usb doesn't work (without acpi). So I have to use MPS1.1 and
have the secondary ide port enabled to get usb working without acpi. It was
better with 2.5.68 :( I guess this is just my motherboard being fscked up, but
other OS' boot fine, regardless of PS/2 mouse and/or secondary IDE port enabled.

Best regards,
Stian

* PCI problem [was Re: ACPI conflict with USB]
@ 2003-05-10 18:49       ` David van Hoose
From: David van Hoose @ 2003-05-10 18:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stian Jordet; +Cc: Greg KH, linux-kernel

David van Hoose wrote:
> Stian Jordet wrote:
>
>> Sitat Greg KH <greg@kroah.com>:

>>> Have you tried the latest 2.5 kernels?  I think this is fixed in 2.5.69
>>> for the majority of people.  Also, does booting with "noapic" work for
>>> you?
>>

>> If it is supposed to have been fixed in 2.5.69, that must be the
>> reason usb
>> stopped working with acpi on 2.5.69 for me. Worked fine with 2.5.68.
>>
>> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=105216850332081&w=2
>>
>> Only three days since I reported it, and you say it is fixed? Gee.
>>
>> David: The consensus on acpi-devel is to report it in bugzilla, and
>> see what
>> happens.
>
> I'm using kernel 2.5.69-bk3 with this recent test. Booted with noapic,
> and I get thousands of lines of APIC errors. I still get the 'bulk_msg:
> timeout' with USB though.
> This hasn't ever worked for me. First tried with 2.5.54. I don't think I
> tried 2.5.68. Should I and see if it was something in a patch to 2.5.69?

Okay. I think I have figured some things out.
With 2.5.69-bk4, I have ACPI and APM built into my kernel.

If I boot normally, ACPI loads first and I get timeouts and my USB
trackball doesn't register with input.

If I boot with noacpi, I still have the same problem.

If I boot with pci=noacpi, I do *not* have the problem. I still have the
timeout, but my trackball works. However, I have many lines of an
acpi_irq handler and call trace with the comment 'irq 20: nobody
cared!'. I also get 'APIC error on CPU0: 00(40)' and 'APIC error on
CPU0: 40(40)' a couple dozen times each.

If I boot with noacpi *and* pci=noacpi, I have the all of the problems
mentioned; no trackball and the pci=noacpi related problems.

Someone mentioned using noapic, but it doesn't have any effect.

Any questions?

Thanks,
David

* Re: PCI problem [was Re: ACPI conflict with USB]
@ 2003-05-10 19:11         ` Zwane Mwaikambo
From: Zwane Mwaikambo @ 2003-05-10 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David van Hoose; +Cc: Stian Jordet, Greg KH, linux-kernel

On Sat, 10 May 2003, David van Hoose wrote:

> If I boot with pci=noacpi, I do *not* have the problem. I still have the
> timeout, but my trackball works. However, I have many lines of an
> acpi_irq handler and call trace with the comment 'irq 20: nobody
> cared!'. I also get 'APIC error on CPU0: 00(40)' and 'APIC error on
> CPU0: 40(40)' a couple dozen times each.
>
> If I boot with noacpi *and* pci=noacpi, I have the all of the problems
> mentioned; no trackball and the pci=noacpi related problems.
>
> Someone mentioned using noapic, but it doesn't have any effect.
>
> Any questions?

Is that an AMD/SMP system?

--
function.linuxpower.ca

* Re: PCI problem [was Re: ACPI conflict with USB]
@ 2003-05-10 23:55           ` David van Hoose
From: David van Hoose @ 2003-05-10 23:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zwane Mwaikambo; +Cc: Stian Jordet, Greg KH, linux-kernel

Zwane Mwaikambo wrote:
> On Sat, 10 May 2003, David van Hoose wrote:
>

>>If I boot with pci=noacpi, I do *not* have the problem. I still have the
>>timeout, but my trackball works. However, I have many lines of an
>>acpi_irq handler and call trace with the comment 'irq 20: nobody
>>cared!'. I also get 'APIC error on CPU0: 00(40)' and 'APIC error on
>>CPU0: 40(40)' a couple dozen times each.
>>
>>If I boot with noacpi *and* pci=noacpi, I have the all of the problems
>>mentioned; no trackball and the pci=noacpi related problems.
>>
>>Someone mentioned using noapic, but it doesn't have any effect.
>>
>>Any questions?
>
> Is that an AMD/SMP system?

It is a non-HT Pentium 4 (Uniprocessor) running on an Asus P4S8X
motherboard. SiS648/SiS963 chipsets.

I've tried numerous configs and have problems, so I don't have a clue.
I've attached the current one none-the-less.

Thanks,
David

[-- Attachment #2: config-2.5.69-bk4 --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 7999 bytes --]

CONFIG_X86=y
CONFIG_MMU=y
CONFIG_UID16=y
CONFIG_GENERIC_ISA_DMA=y
CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL=y
CONFIG_SWAP=y
CONFIG_SYSVIPC=y
CONFIG_BSD_PROCESS_ACCT=y
CONFIG_SYSCTL=y
CONFIG_LOG_BUF_SHIFT=14
CONFIG_MODULES=y
CONFIG_MODULE_UNLOAD=y
CONFIG_OBSOLETE_MODPARM=y
CONFIG_MODVERSIONS=y
CONFIG_KMOD=y
CONFIG_X86_PC=y
CONFIG_MPENTIUM4=y
CONFIG_X86_CMPXCHG=y
CONFIG_X86_XADD=y
CONFIG_X86_L1_CACHE_SHIFT=7
CONFIG_RWSEM_XCHGADD_ALGORITHM=y
CONFIG_X86_WP_WORKS_OK=y
CONFIG_X86_INVLPG=y
CONFIG_X86_BSWAP=y
CONFIG_X86_POPAD_OK=y
CONFIG_X86_GOOD_APIC=y
CONFIG_X86_INTEL_USERCOPY=y
CONFIG_X86_USE_PPRO_CHECKSUM=y
CONFIG_X86_UP_APIC=y
CONFIG_X86_UP_IOAPIC=y
CONFIG_X86_LOCAL_APIC=y
CONFIG_X86_IO_APIC=y
CONFIG_X86_TSC=y
CONFIG_X86_MCE=y
CONFIG_X86_MCE_NONFATAL=y
CONFIG_X86_MCE_P4THERMAL=y
CONFIG_MICROCODE=y
CONFIG_X86_MSR=y
CONFIG_X86_CPUID=y
CONFIG_EDD=m
CONFIG_HIGHMEM4G=y
CONFIG_HIGHMEM=y
CONFIG_HIGHPTE=y
CONFIG_MTRR=y
CONFIG_PM=y
CONFIG_APM=y
CONFIG_APM_CPU_IDLE=y
CONFIG_PCI=y
CONFIG_PCI_GOANY=y
CONFIG_PCI_BIOS=y
CONFIG_PCI_DIRECT=y
CONFIG_PCI_NAMES=y
CONFIG_HOTPLUG=y
CONFIG_KCORE_ELF=y
CONFIG_BINFMT_AOUT=y
CONFIG_BINFMT_ELF=y
CONFIG_BINFMT_MISC=y
CONFIG_PARPORT=y
CONFIG_PARPORT_PC=y
CONFIG_PARPORT_PC_CML1=y
CONFIG_PARPORT_SERIAL=m
CONFIG_PARPORT_PC_FIFO=y
CONFIG_PARPORT_PC_SUPERIO=y
CONFIG_PARPORT_1284=y
CONFIG_PNP=y
CONFIG_PNP_NAMES=y
CONFIG_ISAPNP=y
CONFIG_PNPBIOS=y
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_FD=y
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_LOOP=y
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_NBD=m
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_RAM=y
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_RAM_SIZE=4096
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_INITRD=y
CONFIG_IDE=y
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDE=y
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEDISK=y
CONFIG_IDEDISK_MULTI_MODE=y
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDECD=y
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEFLOPPY=y
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDESCSI=y
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEPCI=y
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_GENERIC=y
CONFIG_IDEPCI_SHARE_IRQ=y
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEDMA_PCI=y
CONFIG_IDEDMA_PCI_AUTO=y
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEDMA=y
CONFIG_IDEDMA_PCI_WIP=y
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_ADMA=y
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_SIS5513=y
CONFIG_IDEDMA_AUTO=y
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDE_MODES=y
CONFIG_SCSI=y
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_SD=y
CONFIG_CHR_DEV_SG=y
CONFIG_SCSI_CONSTANTS=y
CONFIG_SCSI_LOGGING=y
CONFIG_SCSI_PPA=y
CONFIG_SCSI_IMM=m
CONFIG_IEEE1394=m
CONFIG_IEEE1394_OHCI1394=m
CONFIG_IEEE1394_VIDEO1394=m
CONFIG_IEEE1394_SBP2=m
CONFIG_IEEE1394_ETH1394=m
CONFIG_IEEE1394_DV1394=m
CONFIG_IEEE1394_RAWIO=m
CONFIG_IEEE1394_CMP=m
CONFIG_IEEE1394_AMDTP=m
CONFIG_NET=y
CONFIG_PACKET=y
CONFIG_PACKET_MMAP=y
CONFIG_NETLINK_DEV=y
CONFIG_NETFILTER=y
CONFIG_UNIX=y
CONFIG_NET_KEY=y
CONFIG_INET=y
CONFIG_NET_IPIP=m
CONFIG_NET_IPGRE=m
CONFIG_INET_AH=y
CONFIG_INET_ESP=y
CONFIG_INET_IPCOMP=y
CONFIG_IP_NF_CONNTRACK=y
CONFIG_IP_NF_FTP=y
CONFIG_IP_NF_IRC=y
CONFIG_IP_NF_TFTP=y
CONFIG_IP_NF_AMANDA=y
CONFIG_IP_NF_QUEUE=m
CONFIG_IP_NF_IPTABLES=y
CONFIG_IP_NF_MATCH_LIMIT=m
CONFIG_IP_NF_MATCH_MAC=m
CONFIG_IP_NF_MATCH_PKTTYPE=m
CONFIG_IP_NF_MATCH_MARK=m
CONFIG_IP_NF_MATCH_MULTIPORT=m
CONFIG_IP_NF_MATCH_TOS=m
CONFIG_IP_NF_MATCH_ECN=m
CONFIG_IP_NF_MATCH_DSCP=m
CONFIG_IP_NF_MATCH_AH_ESP=m
CONFIG_IP_NF_MATCH_LENGTH=m
CONFIG_IP_NF_MATCH_TTL=m
CONFIG_IP_NF_MATCH_TCPMSS=m
CONFIG_IP_NF_MATCH_HELPER=y
CONFIG_IP_NF_MATCH_STATE=m
CONFIG_IP_NF_MATCH_CONNTRACK=m
CONFIG_IP_NF_MATCH_UNCLEAN=m
CONFIG_IP_NF_MATCH_OWNER=m
CONFIG_IP_NF_MATCH_PHYSDEV=m
CONFIG_IP_NF_FILTER=y
CONFIG_IP_NF_TARGET_REJECT=y
CONFIG_IP_NF_TARGET_MIRROR=m
CONFIG_IP_NF_NAT=y
CONFIG_IP_NF_NAT_NEEDED=y
CONFIG_IP_NF_TARGET_MASQUERADE=y
CONFIG_IP_NF_TARGET_REDIRECT=y
CONFIG_IP_NF_NAT_LOCAL=y
CONFIG_IP_NF_NAT_SNMP_BASIC=m
CONFIG_IP_NF_NAT_IRC=y
CONFIG_IP_NF_NAT_FTP=y
CONFIG_IP_NF_NAT_TFTP=y
CONFIG_IP_NF_NAT_AMANDA=y
CONFIG_IP_NF_MANGLE=m
CONFIG_IP_NF_TARGET_TOS=m
CONFIG_IP_NF_TARGET_ECN=m
CONFIG_IP_NF_TARGET_DSCP=m
CONFIG_IP_NF_TARGET_MARK=m
CONFIG_IP_NF_TARGET_LOG=m
CONFIG_IP_NF_TARGET_ULOG=m
CONFIG_IP_NF_TARGET_TCPMSS=m
CONFIG_IP_NF_ARPTABLES=m
CONFIG_IP_NF_ARPFILTER=m
CONFIG_IPV6=y
CONFIG_IPV6_PRIVACY=y
CONFIG_INET6_AH=y
CONFIG_INET6_ESP=y
CONFIG_IP6_NF_QUEUE=m
CONFIG_IP6_NF_IPTABLES=y
CONFIG_IP6_NF_MATCH_LIMIT=m
CONFIG_IP6_NF_MATCH_MAC=m
CONFIG_IP6_NF_MATCH_RT=m
CONFIG_IP6_NF_MATCH_OPTS=m
CONFIG_IP6_NF_MATCH_FRAG=m
CONFIG_IP6_NF_MATCH_HL=m
CONFIG_IP6_NF_MATCH_MULTIPORT=m
CONFIG_IP6_NF_MATCH_OWNER=m
CONFIG_IP6_NF_MATCH_MARK=m
CONFIG_IP6_NF_MATCH_IPV6HEADER=m
CONFIG_IP6_NF_MATCH_AHESP=m
CONFIG_IP6_NF_MATCH_LENGTH=m
CONFIG_IP6_NF_MATCH_EUI64=m
CONFIG_IP6_NF_FILTER=y
CONFIG_IP6_NF_TARGET_LOG=y
CONFIG_IP6_NF_MANGLE=m
CONFIG_IP6_NF_TARGET_MARK=m
CONFIG_XFRM_USER=y
CONFIG_IPV6_SCTP__=y
CONFIG_SCTP_HMAC_MD5=y
CONFIG_VLAN_8021Q=m
CONFIG_LLC=y
CONFIG_LLC_UI=y
CONFIG_IPX=m
CONFIG_ATALK=m
CONFIG_DEV_APPLETALK=y
CONFIG_IPDDP=m
CONFIG_IPDDP_ENCAP=y
CONFIG_IPDDP_DECAP=y
CONFIG_BRIDGE=m
CONFIG_NETDEVICES=y
CONFIG_DUMMY=y
CONFIG_BONDING=m
CONFIG_NET_ETHERNET=y
CONFIG_NET_TULIP=y
CONFIG_TULIP=m
CONFIG_TULIP_MMIO=y
CONFIG_NET_PCI=y
CONFIG_SIS900=m
CONFIG_INPUT=y
CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV=y
CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV_PSAUX=y
CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV_SCREEN_X=1024
CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV_SCREEN_Y=768
CONFIG_INPUT_JOYDEV=y
CONFIG_INPUT_EVDEV=y
CONFIG_GAMEPORT=y
CONFIG_SOUND_GAMEPORT=y
CONFIG_GAMEPORT_NS558=y
CONFIG_GAMEPORT_EMU10K1=m
CONFIG_SERIO=y
CONFIG_SERIO_I8042=y
CONFIG_SERIO_SERPORT=y
CONFIG_INPUT_KEYBOARD=y
CONFIG_KEYBOARD_ATKBD=y
CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSE=y
CONFIG_MOUSE_PS2=y
CONFIG_MOUSE_SERIAL=m
CONFIG_INPUT_JOYSTICK=y
CONFIG_JOYSTICK_ANALOG=y
CONFIG_INPUT_TOUCHSCREEN=y
CONFIG_INPUT_MISC=y
CONFIG_INPUT_PCSPKR=y
CONFIG_VT=y
CONFIG_VT_CONSOLE=y
CONFIG_HW_CONSOLE=y
CONFIG_SERIAL_8250=y
CONFIG_SERIAL_8250_EXTENDED=y
CONFIG_SERIAL_CORE=y
CONFIG_UNIX98_PTYS=y
CONFIG_UNIX98_PTY_COUNT=256
CONFIG_PRINTER=y
CONFIG_BUSMOUSE=y
CONFIG_HW_RANDOM=m
CONFIG_RTC=y
CONFIG_AGP=m
CONFIG_AGP_SIS=m
CONFIG_DRM=y
CONFIG_RAW_DRIVER=m
CONFIG_HANGCHECK_TIMER=m
CONFIG_EXT2_FS=y
CONFIG_EXT3_FS=y
CONFIG_JBD=y
CONFIG_JBD_DEBUG=y
CONFIG_QUOTA=y
CONFIG_QFMT_V1=m
CONFIG_QFMT_V2=m
CONFIG_QUOTACTL=y
CONFIG_AUTOFS_FS=m
CONFIG_AUTOFS4_FS=m
CONFIG_ISO9660_FS=y
CONFIG_JOLIET=y
CONFIG_ZISOFS=y
CONFIG_ZISOFS_FS=y
CONFIG_UDF_FS=m
CONFIG_FAT_FS=y
CONFIG_MSDOS_FS=y
CONFIG_VFAT_FS=y
CONFIG_NTFS_FS=m
CONFIG_PROC_FS=y
CONFIG_DEVPTS_FS=y
CONFIG_TMPFS=y
CONFIG_RAMFS=y
CONFIG_HFS_FS=m
CONFIG_EFS_FS=m
CONFIG_HPFS_FS=m
CONFIG_NFS_FS=m
CONFIG_NFS_V3=y
CONFIG_NFSD=m
CONFIG_NFSD_V3=y
CONFIG_NFSD_TCP=y
CONFIG_LOCKD=m
CONFIG_LOCKD_V4=y
CONFIG_EXPORTFS=m
CONFIG_SUNRPC=m
CONFIG_SUNRPC_GSS=m
CONFIG_RPCSEC_GSS_KRB5=m
CONFIG_SMB_FS=y
CONFIG_SMB_NLS_DEFAULT=y
CONFIG_SMB_NLS_REMOTE="cp437"
CONFIG_CIFS=m
CONFIG_PARTITION_ADVANCED=y
CONFIG_MSDOS_PARTITION=y
CONFIG_SMB_NLS=y
CONFIG_NLS=y
CONFIG_NLS_DEFAULT="iso8859-1"
CONFIG_NLS_CODEPAGE_437=y
CONFIG_NLS_ISO8859_1=y
CONFIG_NLS_ISO8859_15=y
CONFIG_NLS_UTF8=y
CONFIG_VGA_CONSOLE=y
CONFIG_DUMMY_CONSOLE=y
CONFIG_SOUND=m
CONFIG_SND=m
CONFIG_SND_SEQUENCER=m
CONFIG_SND_SEQ_DUMMY=m
CONFIG_SND_OSSEMUL=y
CONFIG_SND_MIXER_OSS=m
CONFIG_SND_PCM_OSS=m
CONFIG_SND_SEQUENCER_OSS=y
CONFIG_SND_RTCTIMER=m
CONFIG_SND_DUMMY=m
CONFIG_SND_VIRMIDI=m
CONFIG_SND_MTPAV=m
CONFIG_SND_SERIAL_U16550=m
CONFIG_SND_MPU401=m
CONFIG_SND_EMU10K1=m
CONFIG_SND_ENS1370=m
CONFIG_SND_ENS1371=m
CONFIG_SND_INTEL8X0=m
CONFIG_SND_USB_AUDIO=m
CONFIG_USB=m
CONFIG_USB_DEVICEFS=y
CONFIG_USB_BANDWIDTH=y
CONFIG_USB_EHCI_HCD=m
CONFIG_USB_OHCI_HCD=m
CONFIG_USB_UHCI_HCD=m
CONFIG_USB_AUDIO=m
CONFIG_USB_MIDI=m
CONFIG_USB_PRINTER=m
CONFIG_USB_HID=m
CONFIG_USB_HIDINPUT=y
CONFIG_USB_HIDDEV=y
CONFIG_USB_SCANNER=m
CONFIG_USB_HPUSBSCSI=m
CONFIG_USB_USS720=m
CONFIG_USB_SERIAL=m
CONFIG_USB_SERIAL_GENERIC=y
CONFIG_USB_EMI26=m
CONFIG_USB_TIGL=m
CONFIG_PROFILING=y
CONFIG_DEBUG_KERNEL=y
CONFIG_DEBUG_STACKOVERFLOW=y
CONFIG_DEBUG_SLAB=y
CONFIG_MAGIC_SYSRQ=y
CONFIG_KALLSYMS=y
CONFIG_FRAME_POINTER=y
CONFIG_X86_EXTRA_IRQS=y
CONFIG_X86_FIND_SMP_CONFIG=y
CONFIG_X86_MPPARSE=y
CONFIG_CRYPTO=y
CONFIG_CRYPTO_HMAC=y
CONFIG_CRYPTO_NULL=m
CONFIG_CRYPTO_MD4=m
CONFIG_CRYPTO_MD5=y
CONFIG_CRYPTO_SHA1=y
CONFIG_CRYPTO_SHA256=m
CONFIG_CRYPTO_SHA512=m
CONFIG_CRYPTO_DES=y
CONFIG_CRYPTO_BLOWFISH=m
CONFIG_CRYPTO_TWOFISH=m
CONFIG_CRYPTO_SERPENT=m
CONFIG_CRYPTO_AES=m
CONFIG_CRYPTO_DEFLATE=y
CONFIG_CRC32=m
CONFIG_ZLIB_INFLATE=y
CONFIG_ZLIB_DEFLATE=y
CONFIG_X86_BIOS_REBOOT=y

* Re: PCI problem [was Re: ACPI conflict with USB]
@ 2003-05-12 16:30         ` Greg KH
From: Greg KH @ 2003-05-12 16:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David van Hoose; +Cc: Stian Jordet, linux-kernel

On Sat, May 10, 2003 at 01:49:51PM -0500, David van Hoose wrote:

> If I boot with pci=noacpi, I do *not* have the problem.

Yeah!  Then I would recommend using this option for your hardware, and
ignoring the error messages at startup.  The "nobody cared!" messages
are being worked on by others, and are probably not because of this
problem at all (lots of people see them right now on lots of different
hardware configurations.)

thanks,

greg k-h

* Re: PCI problem [was Re: ACPI conflict with USB]
@ 2003-05-12 17:08           ` Stian Jordet
From: Stian Jordet @ 2003-05-12 17:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Greg KH; +Cc: David van Hoose, linux-kernel

man, 12.05.2003 kl. 18.30 skrev Greg KH:
> On Sat, May 10, 2003 at 01:49:51PM -0500, David van Hoose wrote:
> >
> > If I boot with pci=noacpi, I do *not* have the problem.
>
> Yeah!  Then I would recommend using this option for your hardware, and
> ignoring the error messages at startup.  The "nobody cared!" messages
> are being worked on by others, and are probably not because of this
> problem at all (lots of people see them right now on lots of different
> hardware configurations.)

My box doesn't boot with pci=noacpi, so that doesn't really help my
problem much :)

Best regards,
Stian