* OUPS 2.5.69-bk19 coda-inode.c/slab.c
@ 2003-05-26 17:45 Grzegorz Jaskiewicz
From: Grzegorz Jaskiewicz @ 2003-05-26 17:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lkml; +Cc: jaharkes, codalist

following BUG() is started when coda is included into kernel. I have not
tried module, but i bet it will couse the same error.

coda_init_inodecache runs kmem_cache_create which couses oups.
Removing following lines from slab.c renders system stable.
But this is not a cure. As i am not using coda it self, i really don't
know if it is running stable.

slab.c snip:

        /*
         * Always checks flags, a caller might be expecting debug
         * support which isn't available.
         */
         /*
        if (flags & ~CREATE_MASK){
                        printk("dupa2\n");
                        _BUG();
                BUG();
        }

this is in kmem_cache_create fn.

--
Grzegorz Jaskiewicz <gj@pointblue.com.pl>
K4 labs

* Re: OUPS 2.5.69-bk19 coda-inode.c/slab.c
@ 2003-05-27  0:43 ` Jan Harkes
From: Jan Harkes @ 2003-05-27  0:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Grzegorz Jaskiewicz; +Cc: lkml, codalist

On Mon, May 26, 2003 at 06:45:40PM +0100, Grzegorz Jaskiewicz wrote:
> following BUG() is started when coda is included into kernel. I have not
> tried module, but i bet it will couse the same error.

Although I don't run the -bkXX releases, as far as I can see this is not
related to anything in Coda bug, but probably a missing change to slab.c.

A flag was added to the slabcache to identify reclaimable slabs. I can
see how this BUG would get triggered if your kernel was linked with an
old version of slab.o or is missing the SLAB_RECLAIM_ACCOUNT related
changes in slab.c.

Maybe "make clean ; make bzImage modules" will fix it?

Jan

* Re: OUPS 2.5.69-bk19 coda-inode.c/slab.c
@ 2003-05-27  9:23   ` Grzegorz Jaskiewicz
From: Grzegorz Jaskiewicz @ 2003-05-27  9:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Harkes; +Cc: lkml

On Tue, 2003-05-27 at 01:43, Jan Harkes wrote:
> On Mon, May 26, 2003 at 06:45:40PM +0100, Grzegorz Jaskiewicz wrote:
> > following BUG() is started when coda is included into kernel. I have not
> > tried module, but i bet it will couse the same error.
>
> Although I don't run the -bkXX releases, as far as I can see this is not
> related to anything in Coda bug, but probably a missing change to slab.c.
>
> A flag was added to the slabcache to identify reclaimable slabs. I can
> see how this BUG would get triggered if your kernel was linked with an
> old version of slab.o or is missing the SLAB_RECLAIM_ACCOUNT related
> changes in slab.c.
>
> Maybe "make clean ; make bzImage modules" will fix it?
I am allways doing that in case of problems. So this is not a case, I
bet this is missing patch for slab.c. Becouse this part i showed (along
with mine two debug lines) does not look to good.