* Memory page references
@ 2003-05-29 19:00 Csárdi Gábor
From: Csárdi Gábor @ 2003-05-29 19:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hello,

I'd like to extract the (virtual) memory page sequences
referenced by a given process. Do you have any idea how I could
manage this? Is it possible at least? I have i386 hardware, if
this is important...

(I intend to study the behaviour of programs corncerning memory
usage, eg. their typical reference sequences (if any).)

TIA,
Gabor

--
Csardi Gabor <csardi@rmki.kfki.hu>    MTA RMKI, ELTE TTK

* Re: Memory page references
@ 2003-05-29 20:36 ` Wes Felter
From: Wes Felter @ 2003-05-29 20:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Csárdi Gábor; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Thu, 2003-05-29 at 14:00, Csárdi Gábor wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to extract the (virtual) memory page sequences
> referenced by a given process. Do you have any idea how I could
> manage this? Is it possible at least? I have i386 hardware, if
> this is important...
>
> (I intend to study the behaviour of programs corncerning memory
> usage, eg. their typical reference sequences (if any).)

Check out VMTrace from UT Austin:

http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/oops/compressed-caching/

--
Wes Felter