* ICH5 SATA causes high interrupt/system load?
@ 2003-07-01 19:24 Jurgen Kramer
From: Jurgen Kramer @ 2003-07-01 19:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi,

After reading about problems with ICH5 SATA (Intel 875P) I've
set my BIOS back to normal mode for the SATA controller. So now the SATA
drive appears as hdc instead of hde.

The SATA drive was working in both situations (enhanced/normal) the only
difference is that with normal mode there no high system load caused by
the SATA controller (As I reported in a previous mail).

What's causing the high interrupt count in 'enhanced' mode?

Nb I have seen this on both 2.4.21 and 2.5.73.

Cheers,

Jurgen