* Could not open debufiles.list on Redhat 9 kernel compile
@ 2003-07-13 15:45 Jay Denebeim
From: Jay Denebeim @ 2003-07-13 15:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linuxkernel

I've seen quite a few references to this with google, I haven't seen a
solution.  The problem is making a stock kernel with 'make rpm' on a
redhat 9 system.  Redhat has done something to rpm with version 9 that
is causing it to create a debug package for every package you make.
Unfortunately whatever it's doing is busted for stock kernels.

I've been unable to find a way to turn off this generation.  There is
a variable %_enable_debug_packages 1 in the redhat macros, I've turned
it off, but that hasn't helped.

So, how do I disable this 'feature'?  Does anyone know?

Jay

--
* Jay Denebeim  Moderator       rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated *
* newsgroup submission address: b5mod@deepthot.org                *

* Re: Could not open debufiles.list on Redhat 9 kernel compile
@ 2003-07-13 17:00 ` Martin List-Petersen
From: Martin List-Petersen @ 2003-07-13 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jay Denebeim; +Cc: linux-kernel