* Filesystem corruption? (i7505 chipset, RAID5)
@ 2003-07-17 14:41 Cesar Suga
From: Cesar Suga @ 2003-07-17 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

	Hello,

	In these days I've bought a Tyan i7505 board with a single Xeon
processor. I noticed its GART would only be supported in 2.5.53. So I
compiled 2.5.75 and everything was okay. (Hyperthreading on)

	I have five SCSI HDDs in an Adaptec AHA-2940UW card in RAID5 (software,
obviously), one as a spare disk. /dev/md0 had an ext3 partition. The
graphics card is a Radeon 9000 Pro (64M). X 4.3.0. 1024M system memory.
No devfs compiled. EtherExpress Pro/100 onboard card.

	Rebooting the system with the new 2.6.0-test1 kernel was okay after
replacing 2.5.75. After starting X, I noticed the CPU usage was at 100%.
I switched to a terminal and logged. ls itself gave me ext3 errors and
when I switched back to 2.5.75 the array was entirely damaged (could not
repair at all, so I do not have .config to report)

	Would it be something introduced in the sync_fs() fix or something?

	I can give further reports, if needed, installing a distribution in a
separate hard disk.

--
-- Cesar Suga <sartre@linuxbr.com>

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-07-17 20:41 UTC | newest]