From: Pablo Baena <pbaena@uol.com.ar>
To: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Sound recording problems
Date: 25 Jul 2003 18:48:19 +0000	[thread overview]

Hi! I tried the linux-sound list without luck, so I try this list. I'm
having recording troubles with my computer. I say my computer, because
I've already tried 3 different sound cards, and 2 kernels, with strange
results.

I'll focus on my actual configuration, so I can debug the problem. I
have a SB16 Awe ISA, and I tried the OSS drivers with 2.6.0-test1.
I have a VIAC686 motherboard, with a K7 650Mhz processor.

The sample program I attach, do record the sound. Please notice the
commented snip that doesn't work, it is stopping a lot of programs from
working.

Also, if I try doing a

cat /dev/dsp > bla.raw

the result file is full of 7F's (doesn't hear anything).
This is just a sample of the problems I have with lots of other
recording programs.

Can you help me debug this? What should I do? What information should I
reunite?

Please reply to my own address, since I'm not subscribed to the list.

TIA!!
--
Whip it, baby. Whip it right. Whip it, baby. Whip it all night!