* >>>reg writing kernel modules to resolve stale file handle error in nfs environment<<<<
@ 2004-01-02 16:39 Srinivasan Ramaswamy
From: Srinivasan Ramaswamy @ 2004-01-02 16:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

sir
my qestion is regarding resolving stale file handle
error in an nfs environment.i want to resolve it using
some RPC's and some kernel modules.my question is

using Devfs and create a layer of insulation<<<<<<

urs
srini

N.B:

please CC me the comments and answers

Yahoo! India Mobile: Download the latest polyphonic ringtones.
Go to http://in.mobile.yahoo.com

* Re: >>>reg writing kernel modules to resolve stale file handle error in nfs environment<<<<
@ 2004-01-02 17:11 ` Trond Myklebust
From: Trond Myklebust @ 2004-01-02 17:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Srinivasan Ramaswamy; +Cc: linux-kernel

På fr , 02/01/2004 klokka 11:39, skreiv Srinivasan Ramaswamy:
> sir
> my qestion is regarding resolving stale file handle
> error in an nfs environment.i want to resolve it using
> some RPC's and some kernel modules.my question is

> using Devfs and create a layer of insulation<<<<<<

Huh?

Stale file handles are a result of user error (i.e. deleting a file on
the server while it is still in use on another NFS client). The only way
to "resolve" them is by application of a carefully designed end-user
education program that teaches how not to ssh to another machine and
then do "rm" on the file that is being edited.

Cheers,
  Trond