* mmap and multiple memory chucks allocated by kmalloc()
       [not found] <4EE0CBA31942E547B99B3D4BFAB348111ED5FF@mail.esn.co.in>
@ 2004-11-27  0:04 ` lan mu
From: lan mu @ 2004-11-27  0:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi experts,

I have almost 620000 bytes data store in Kernal space
and would like to pass to user space via mmap.

Can I use the kmalloc to allocate 5 memory chucks
(4096*30) and then use remap_page_range() to map those
5 chucks one by one? it not seems to work. Anyone can
tell me if it's feasible? or I have to use vmalloc?

Now I only can mmaped the first chuck buffer and make
it work.

Since I'm not in the user group list, please send
directly email to me.

Thanks your help in advance!

-Lan

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

* Re: mmap and multiple memory chucks allocated by kmalloc()
@ 2004-11-28 17:25   ` Alan Cox
From: Alan Cox @ 2004-11-28 17:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sad, 2004-11-27 at 00:04, lan mu wrote:
> Can I use the kmalloc to allocate 5 memory chucks
> (4096*30) and then use remap_page_range() to map those
> 5 chucks one by one? it not seems to work. Anyone can
> tell me if it's feasible? or I have to use vmalloc?

If they don't need to be linear you can allocate individual pages and
use a do_no_page function. See the sound/oss/via82cxxx driver