* printk output to file
@ 2005-01-10  8:26 selvakumar nagendran
From: selvakumar nagendran @ 2005-01-10  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hello linux-experts,
    I want to redirect the output of printk from my
kernel module to a file. If that's possible how can I
do that? Please also give some sample code.

Thanks,
selva

http://mail.yahoo.com

* Re: printk output to file
@ 2005-01-10  9:34 ` Bernd Petrovitsch
From: Bernd Petrovitsch @ 2005-01-10  9:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: selvakumar nagendran; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Mon, 2005-01-10 at 00:26 -0800, selvakumar nagendran wrote:
>     I want to redirect the output of printk from my
> kernel module to a file. If that's possible how can I
> do that?

You have to configure syslog correctly. Again this has nothing to do
with the kernel.

	Bernd
          Embedded Linux Development and Services

* Re: printk output to file
@ 2005-01-10 17:24 ` Manu Abraham
From: Manu Abraham @ 2005-01-10 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

On Mon January 10 2005 12:26 pm, selvakumar nagendran wrote:
> Hello linux-experts,
>     I want to redirect the output of printk from my
> kernel module to a file. If that's possible how can I
Don't redirect, The printk's would be in your syslog. Check your syslog ..
simple.

Manu