* Re: IRQ threading and non-generics
       [not found] ` <20050209074331.GA6565@elte.hu>
@ 2005-02-09 18:15   ` Daniel Walker
From: Daniel Walker @ 2005-02-09 18:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ingo Molnar; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Tue, 2005-02-08 at 23:43, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> eventually ARM should be merged to the generic IRQ subsystem and in the
> process it is very likely that the generic IRQ subsystem has to be
> changed to fit ARM's needs as well. But separating out new features and
> keeping the old ARM blob in place isnt the way this should be done - it
> will only prolong the pain.

	I agree that ARM should eventually merge with the generics, but this
shouldn't be a requirement for RT .. I've already shown that it isn't
needed for RT .

	I don't want to create different IRQ threading code for each non
generic architecture .. It's possible to use common code without forcing
maintainers into a difficult situation.

Daniel

only message in thread, other threads:[~2005-02-09 18:15 UTC | newest]