* Netfilter: TARPIT Target
@ 2005-02-17 14:41 Fao, Sean
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Fao, Sean @ 2005-02-17 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

I wanted to use the TARPIT target provided by Netfilter, but I am unable
to find the module in the kernel.  Has it been removed or am I looking
in the wrong place?

Thank you in advance,

--
Sean E. Fao

* Re: Netfilter: TARPIT Target
@ 2005-02-17 14:48 ` Max Kellermann
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Max Kellermann @ 2005-02-17 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fao, Sean; +Cc: linux-kernel

On 2005/02/17 15:41, "Fao, Sean" <sean.fao@capitalgenomix.com> wrote:
> I wanted to use the TARPIT target provided by Netfilter, but I am unable
> to find the module in the kernel.  Has it been removed or am I looking
> in the wrong place?

It is not in the mainstream kernel yet. You can find it in
netfilter patch-o-matic:

 http://ftp.netfilter.org/pub/patch-o-matic-ng/snapshot/

Max

* RE: Netfilter: TARPIT Target
@ 2005-02-17 14:50 ` Massimo Cetra
From: Massimo Cetra @ 2005-02-17 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Fao, Sean', linux-kernel

http://www.netfilter.org/patch-o-matic/pom-extra.html#pom-extra-TARPIT

TARPIT is in the extra repository.
Use patch-o-matic to patch both kernel and iptables source.

Regards,
 Max

* Re: Netfilter: TARPIT Target
@ 2005-02-17 14:52   ` Fao, Sean
From: Fao, Sean @ 2005-02-17 14:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Massimo Cetra; +Cc: linux-kernel

Massimo Cetra wrote:

> [...]

That would explain it.  Than you much!

--
Sean

* Re: Netfilter: TARPIT Target
@ 2005-02-17 15:27 ` Fao, Sean
From: Fao, Sean @ 2005-02-17 15:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Where are those nonsense (base64) messages from netsin@163.com coming
from after I post?

--
Sean E. Fao

* Re: Netfilter: TARPIT Target
@ 2005-02-17 16:40   ` Lee Revell
From: Lee Revell @ 2005-02-17 16:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fao, Sean; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Thu, 2005-02-17 at 10:27 -0500, Fao, Sean wrote:
> Where are those nonsense (base64) messages from netsin@163.com coming
> from after I post?

Looks like a new spammer tactic.  They have progressed from spoofing
emails from real LKML posters to sending spam replies to actual threads.

Lee

* Re: Netfilter: TARPIT Target
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2005-02-19  9:27 ` Harald Welte