* system reboot after reading /proc/acpi/battery/../state
@ 2005-04-27 14:48 Andreas Happe
From: Andreas Happe @ 2005-04-27 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi,
I have a regression to report: my notebook (HP Compaq nx7000) reboots
after reading /proc/acpi/battery/C11F/state. It's pseudo -
reproduceable, occurs around every second access.

please contact me for further information (and what information would be
needed to fix this bug), I will try to compile older kernel versions to
find the corresponding acpi update  this annoying bug (but it happens
for at least one month by now).

//Andreas

* Re: system reboot after reading /proc/acpi/battery/../state
@ 2005-04-28  4:53 ` Li Shaohua
From: Li Shaohua @ 2005-04-28  4:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Happe; +Cc: lkml

On Wed, 2005-04-27 at 22:48, Andreas Happe wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a regression to report: my notebook (HP Compaq nx7000) reboots
> after reading /proc/acpi/battery/C11F/state. It's pseudo -
> reproduceable, occurs around every second access.
>
> please contact me for further information (and what information would be
> needed to fix this bug), I will try to compile older kernel versions to
> find the corresponding acpi update  this annoying bug (but it happens
> for at least one month by now).
Unloading the watchdog driver (the TCO driver) will help you.

Thanks,
Shaohua

* Re: system reboot after reading /proc/acpi/battery/../state
@ 2005-04-28 21:03 ` Pavel Machek
From: Pavel Machek @ 2005-04-28 21:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Happe; +Cc: linux-kernel

Hi!

> I have a regression to report: my notebook (HP Compaq nx7000) reboots
> after reading /proc/acpi/battery/C11F/state. It's pseudo -
> reproduceable, occurs around every second access.
>
> please contact me for further information (and what information would be
> needed to fix this bug), I will try to compile older kernel versions to
> find the corresponding acpi update  this annoying bug (but it happens
> for at least one month by now).

Add printks to see where it reboots... it may be faster than binary
searching acpi updates.
								Pavel
--
Boycott Kodak -- for their patent abuse against Java.

* Re: system reboot after reading /proc/acpi/battery/../state
@ 2005-04-29 11:21   ` crow
From: crow @ 2005-04-29 11:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pavel Machek; +Cc: linux-kernel

> Hi!
Hi!

> Add printks to see where it reboots... it may be faster than binary
> searching acpi updates.

seems like disabling tco watchdog took care of this problem..

thanks,
Andreas