* NDAs - ANY KNOWN RULES?
@ 2007-06-27  0:03 hermann pitton
From: hermann pitton @ 2007-06-27  0:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel, video4linux-list, linux-dvb

Hi,

such stuff causes a lot of troubles since long.

Are there any rules, or can everybody go on as some sort of freelancer
exclusively on such? I don't like it!

Cheers,
Hermann

* Re: NDAs - ANY KNOWN RULES?
@ 2007-06-27  0:24 ` Daniel Barkalow
From: Daniel Barkalow @ 2007-06-27  0:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: hermann pitton; +Cc: linux-kernel, video4linux-list, linux-dvb

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007, hermann pitton wrote:

> Hi,
>
> such stuff causes a lot of troubles since long.
>
> Are there any rules, or can everybody go on as some sort of freelancer
> exclusively on such? I don't like it!

http://www.linux-foundation.org/en/NDA_program

In short, the Linux Foundation can negotiate a reasonable NDA for you to
sign, and they may be able to show you relevant documents as a freelancer
under a reasonable and standardized contract.

	-Daniel
*This .sig left intentionally blank*

* Re: NDAs - ANY KNOWN RULES?
@ 2007-06-27  0:50   ` hermann pitton
From: hermann pitton @ 2007-06-27  0:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Barkalow; +Cc: linux-kernel, video4linux-list, linux-dvb

Am Dienstag, den 26.06.2007, 20:24 -0400 schrieb Daniel Barkalow:
> On Wed, 27 Jun 2007, hermann pitton wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > such stuff causes a lot of troubles since long.
> >
> > Are there any rules, or can everybody go on as some sort of freelancer
> > exclusively on such? I don't like it!
>
> http://www.linux-foundation.org/en/NDA_program
>
> In short, the Linux Foundation can negotiate a reasonable NDA for you to
> sign, and they may be able to show you relevant documents as a freelancer
> under a reasonable and standardized contract.
>
> 	-Daniel
> *This .sig left intentionally blank*

Thanks for your explanations,

but I know for sure it does't work.

Cheers,
Hermann

* Re: NDAs - ANY KNOWN RULES?
@ 2007-06-27  2:37     ` Arjan van de Ven
From: Arjan van de Ven @ 2007-06-27  2:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: hermann pitton; +Cc: Daniel Barkalow, linux-kernel, video4linux-list, linux-dvb

> Thanks for your explanations,
>
> but I know for sure it does't work.

then.. do you have an actual question or are you just trying to troll?

and yes there have been several such trolls lately on this list, and so
far your postings have all the signs of being just another one..

DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS

* Re: NDAs - ANY KNOWN RULES?
@ 2007-06-27 18:28       ` hermann pitton
From: hermann pitton @ 2007-06-27 18:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Arjan van de Ven
  Cc: Daniel Barkalow, linux-kernel, video4linux-list, linux-dvb

Am Dienstag, den 26.06.2007, 19:37 -0700 schrieb Arjan van de Ven:
> > Thanks for your explanations,
> >
> > but I know for sure it does't work.
>
> then.. do you have an actual question or are you just trying to troll?
>
> and yes there have been several such trolls lately on this list, and so
> far your postings have all the signs of being just another one..
>

> DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS

Hello,

thanks ;), you might help me to decide if somebody abuses a list already
for free advertising or is still contributing.
http://marc.info/?l=linux-video&m=118289479416612&w=2

Sorry, my question is, where one can look up if the pinning of a newer
chip we support is also only under NDA available. Previously often at
least that was public. (examples now saa7131e, tda10046a, tda8275ac1)

If I don't find anything on the web, whom I have to ask that question,
the NDA holder, the manufacturer or do we have a list, because everybody
knows that this can be helpful to identify hardware differences and this
question is always asked already?

Thanks,
Hermann

* Re: NDAs - ANY KNOWN RULES?
@ 2007-06-27 18:41         ` Arjan van de Ven
From: Arjan van de Ven @ 2007-06-27 18:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: hermann pitton; +Cc: Daniel Barkalow, linux-kernel, video4linux-list, linux-dvb

On Wed, 2007-06-27 at 20:28 +0200, hermann pitton wrote:\
> Sorry, my question is, where one can look up if the pinning of a newer
> chip we support is also only under NDA available. Previously often at
> least that was public. (examples now saa7131e, tda10046a, tda8275ac1)

> If I don't find anything on the web, whom I have to ask that question,
> the NDA holder, the manufacturer

both are good choices, the NDA holder may have the right contacts for
this, since if you ask a manufacturer you often get "the person who
picks up the phone", who might have no idea what you're talking about
and just gives you a BS answer to get rid of you. The NDA holder often
knows the right people...

--
if you want to mail me at work (you don't), use arjan (at) linux.intel.com
Test the interaction between Linux and your BIOS via http://www.linuxfirmwarekit.org