* Is it possible for a module to load in use a shared object (.so) ?
@ 2009-01-11  3:42 Jose Luis Marchetti
From: Jose Luis Marchetti @ 2009-01-11  3:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi,

I know a module can load another module, but is it possible for a
module to use a shared object (.so) file ?

Thanks in advance!

José Luís Marchetti

http://br.maisbuscados.yahoo.com

* Re: Is it possible for a module to load in use a shared object (.so) ?
@ 2009-01-11  5:37 ` Jon Masters
From: Jon Masters @ 2009-01-11  5:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: joseluismarchetti; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Sat, 2009-01-10 at 19:42 -0800, Jose Luis Marchetti wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know a module can load another module, but is it possible for a
> module to use a shared object (.so) file ?

Nope. Not directly. The only in-kernel use of "shared objects" is in the
quasi-shared object that is VDSO, but that's entirely different (the
kernel provides what looks like a shared library to userspace).

Also, you probably want to ask these questions on the kernelnewbies
mailing list, and check the archive for similar questions - both of
these questions you asked this evening have come up before :)

Jon.