* SMP doc problem
@ 2002-05-14 17:05 Pol
From: Pol @ 2002-05-14 17:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

* Re: SMP doc problem
@ 2002-05-14 17:09 ` Robert Love
From: Robert Love @ 2002-05-14 17:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: blenderman; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Tue, 2002-05-14 at 10:05, Pol wrote:

> I think the file smp.txt in the kernel doc is bit outdated.
> I don't find the MAKE=make in the makefile.

Just add it.  Or do `MAKE="make -jN" make whatever"

	Robert Love

* Re: SMP doc problem
@ 2002-05-14 23:03 ` Keith Owens
From: Keith Owens @ 2002-05-14 23:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: blenderman; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Tue, 14 May 2002 19:05:22 +0200,
Pol <blenderman@wanadoo.be> wrote:
>I think the file smp.txt in the kernel doc is bit outdated.
>I don't find the MAKE=make in the makefile.

If you are running make < 3.78, you type
  make MAKE="make -j4" bzImage modules
If you are running make >= 3.78, you type
  make -j4 bzImage modules
make 3.78 added a job scheduler that automatically shares out the -j
value across sub directory builds.

* Re: SMP doc problem
@ 2002-05-15 10:08   ` David Woodhouse
From: David Woodhouse @ 2002-05-15 10:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert Love; +Cc: blenderman, linux-kernel

rml@tech9.net said:
>  Just add it.  Or do `MAKE="make -jN" make whatever"

Just using 'make -j3' when building the kernel should suffice, with recent
versions of make.

--
dwmw2