* Plumbers 2015 -- Performance and Scalability track
@ 2015-04-30 15:24 Davidlohr Bueso
From: Davidlohr Bueso @ 2015-04-30 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel
  Cc: Paul E. McKenney, Andi Kleen, Dave Hansen, Ingo Molnar,
	Steven Rostedt, Mathieu Desnoyers, Paul Turner, Peter Zijlstra,
	Raghavendra K T, Rik van Riel, Thomas Gleixner, Tim Chen,
	Samy Al Bahra, dave

Hello,

I am hoping we can have a scaling track this year. The purpose of this
email is to 1) confirm some of the key participants, 2) suggestions for
other key participants and 3) more topics so that we can have a big
enough pool to screen correctly for what's really worth discussing.

I have setup the wiki page here with some initial tentative topics Paul
and I came up with:

http://wiki.linuxplumbersconf.org/2015:performance_and_scalability

They are obviously specific to things that interest us. As such, if you
would like to attend and/or have specific topics that would like
discussed, please update the wiki.

The goals for this track are several: 1) get to know general
experimental work going on (kernel and userland). 2) learn about real
bottlenecks/issues people are running into, and 3) present wip topics
that improve performance and need some face to face discussion. As
mentioned in the wiki, this track should only cover performance topics
that are not specific to other tracks

Thanks,
Davidlohr

* Re: Plumbers 2015 -- Performance and Scalability track
@ 2015-05-01 13:07 ` Mathieu Desnoyers
From: Mathieu Desnoyers @ 2015-05-01 13:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Davidlohr Bueso
  Cc: linux-kernel, Paul E. McKenney, Andi Kleen, Dave Hansen,
	Ingo Molnar, Steven Rostedt, Paul Turner, Peter Zijlstra,
	Raghavendra K T, Rik van Riel, Thomas Gleixner, Tim Chen,
	Samy Al Bahra

> I am hoping we can have a scaling track this year. The purpose of this
> email is to 1) confirm some of the key participants, 2) suggestions for
> other key participants and 3) more topics so that we can have a big
> enough pool to screen correctly for what's really worth discussing.
>
> I have setup the wiki page here with some initial tentative topics Paul
> and I came up with:
>
> http://wiki.linuxplumbersconf.org/2015:performance_and_scalability
>
> They are obviously specific to things that interest us. As such, if you
> would like to attend and/or have specific topics that would like
> discussed, please update the wiki.
>
> The goals for this track are several: 1) get to know general
> experimental work going on (kernel and userland). 2) learn about real
> bottlenecks/issues people are running into, and 3) present wip topics
> that improve performance and need some face to face discussion. As
> mentioned in the wiki, this track should only cover performance topics
> that are not specific to other tracks

Hi!

I'm interested to participate. My only constraint is that the tracing
summit is on August 20th, and overlaps with one day of LPC. Let's hope
we can find a way to have this track on a different day.

I'm planning to work some more on a efficient per-cpu spinlock & data
prototype for userspace. This could be an interesting topic for LPC.
I'm aware of Paul Turner's work in this area. Let's say I'm trying a
less intrusive approach.

Thanks!

Mathieu

--
Mathieu Desnoyers
EfficiOS Inc.

* Re: Plumbers 2015 -- Performance and Scalability track
@ 2015-05-01 15:16   ` Paul E. McKenney
From: Paul E. McKenney @ 2015-05-01 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mathieu Desnoyers
  Cc: Davidlohr Bueso, linux-kernel, Andi Kleen, Dave Hansen,

On Fri, May 01, 2015 at 01:07:54PM +0000, Mathieu Desnoyers wrote:
> [...]

I have marked this conflict in the list.

> I'm planning to work some more on a efficient per-cpu spinlock & data
> prototype for userspace. This could be an interesting topic for LPC.
> I'm aware of Paul Turner's work in this area. Let's say I'm trying a
> less intrusive approach.

Sounds interesting!

							Thanx, Paul

@ 2015-06-04 16:35 ` Davidlohr Bueso
From: Davidlohr Bueso @ 2015-06-04 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel
  Cc: Paul E. McKenney, Andi Kleen, Dave Hansen, Ingo Molnar,
	Steven Rostedt, Mathieu Desnoyers, Paul Turner, Peter Zijlstra,
	Raghavendra K T, Rik van Riel, Thomas Gleixner, Tim Chen,
	Samy Al Bahra, Waiman Long, Ahmed, Iftekhar

Hello,

This conference will happen, so if you are interested in attending, I
urge you to please register for plumbers (and update the wiki if you
have not done so already). Note that last day of earlybird registration
is tomorrow, Friday June 5.

Thanks,
Davidlohr