* messages not getting through
@ 2001-08-03  5:28 Chris Friesen
From: Chris Friesen @ 2001-08-03  5:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Can someone tell me why my attempted bug report is not getting distributed over
the list?  I've sent it worded differently three times from two addresses (that
otherwise work fine, and check out okay on the mailing list address checker) and
the message doesn't seem to get onto the list.  I didn't see any obvious matches
against the list filters, but I might have missed something.  Is there any other
reason why it might get filtered?

Thanks,
Chris

* Re: messages not getting through
@ 2001-08-03  5:37 ` David S. Miller
From: David S. Miller @ 2001-08-03  5:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Friesen; +Cc: linux-kernel

Chris Friesen writes:
 > Can someone tell me why my attempted bug report is not getting distributed over
 > the list?  I've sent it worded differently three times from two addresses (that
 > otherwise work fine, and check out okay on the mailing list address checker) and
 > the message doesn't seem to get onto the list.  I didn't see any obvious matches
 > against the list filters, but I might have missed something.  Is there any other
 > reason why it might get filtered?

Are you encoding it using html?  Is the word "subscribe" or
"unsubscribe" etc. found at the beginning of any line?

Both would get the posting tossed.

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@redhat.com