* Adding cmldine args measure to ima
@ 2019-03-22 17:27 Prakhar Srivastava
From: Prakhar Srivastava @ 2019-03-22 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel, linux-integrity

Hi,

Currently Kexec (kexec_file_load) code path does not measure the cmdline
arguments passed to the next kernel.The boot_aggregate won't change since
the EFI loader hasn't been triggered. Attesting the same in K2 has no impact.
Adding the cmdline measurement will add some attestable criteria.

To account for the cmdline passed, we are looking at using IMA to measure and
pass the buffer so that it can be attested.

Do you have any alternate solutions/concerns with this approach?

Thanks,
Prakhar Srivastava

* Re: Adding cmldine args measure to ima
@ 2019-03-22 20:36 ` Mimi Zohar
From: Mimi Zohar @ 2019-03-22 20:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Prakhar Srivastava, linux-kernel, linux-integrity

On Fri, 2019-03-22 at 17:27 +0000, Prakhar Srivastava wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Currently Kexec (kexec_file_load) code path does not measure the cmdline
> arguments passed to the next kernel.The boot_aggregate won't change since
> the EFI loader hasn't been triggered. Attesting the same in K2 has no impact.
> Adding the cmdline measurement will add some attestable criteria.
>
> To account for the cmdline passed, we are looking at using IMA to measure and
> pass the buffer so that it can be attested.
>
> Do you have any alternate solutions/concerns with this approach?

I started looking at this a couple of years ago, but haven't had time.
I definitely don't have problems with extending IMA to measure the
boot command line.

Mimi