* lse conference switched to IRC to discuss 2.6 must-fix list
@ 2003-05-12 23:26 Hanna Linder
From: Hanna Linder @ 2003-05-12 23:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lse-tech, linux-kernel, kernel-janitor-discuss

Major change this week only, please note!

Due to complaints about the restrictions of a phone conference
Andrew and I have decided to move the 2.6 must-fix discussion to irc.

The server we will use is: irc.oftc.net
 (NOT irc.freenode.net as previously stated)

The channel is: #lse

If you need help getting started with irc see this helpful
site at: http://irchelp.org or feel free to send me email for help.

The agenda and time remain the same:

	LSE Tech IRC meeting Wednesday May 14

Andrew Morton: The 2.6 must fix list.

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=105165897515825&w=2

--On Wednesday, May 07, 2003 04:23:33 PM -0700 Andrew Morton <akpm@digeo.com> wrote:

> So can we change the subject to "the 2.6 must-fix list", and just say
> that:
>
> - We'll work through it item by item, with a view to understanding what
>   is involved in each item.
>
> - Attendance by owners of major must-fix items would be appreciated.

note different day and time!

2:00pm PDT (GMT-0700), 4:00pm CDT, 5:00pm EDT Wednesday May 14, 2003.

* Re: lse conference switched to IRC to discuss 2.6 must-fix list
@ 2003-05-13 11:19 ` Jens Axboe
From: Jens Axboe @ 2003-05-13 11:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hanna Linder; +Cc: lse-tech, linux-kernel, kernel-janitor-discuss

On Mon, May 12 2003, Hanna Linder wrote:

> Major change this week only, please note!
>
> Due to complaints about the restrictions of a phone conference
> Andrew and I have decided to move the 2.6 must-fix discussion to irc.
>
> The server we will use is: irc.oftc.net
>  (NOT irc.freenode.net as previously stated)
>
> The channel is: #lse
>
> If you need help getting started with irc see this helpful
> site at: http://irchelp.org or feel free to send me email for help.
>
> The agenda and time remain the same:
>
> 	LSE Tech IRC meeting Wednesday May 14
>
> Andrew Morton: The 2.6 must fix list.
>
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=105165897515825&w=2
>
> --On Wednesday, May 07, 2003 04:23:33 PM -0700 Andrew Morton <akpm@digeo.com> wrote:
>
> > So can we change the subject to "the 2.6 must-fix list", and just say
> > that:
> >
> > - We'll work through it item by item, with a view to understanding what
> >   is involved in each item.
> >
> > - Attendance by owners of major must-fix items would be appreciated.
> >

> note different day and time!
>
> 2:00pm PDT (GMT-0700), 4:00pm CDT, 5:00pm EDT Wednesday May 14, 2003.

How about doing it a bit earlier, for the europeans joining? At least
for me, 2 hours earlier looks a lot better.

--
Jens Axboe

* Re: lse conference switched to IRC to discuss 2.6 must-fix list
@ 2003-05-13 12:05   ` Neil Brown
From: Neil Brown @ 2003-05-13 12:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jens Axboe; +Cc: Hanna Linder, lse-tech, linux-kernel, kernel-janitor-discuss

On Tuesday May 13, axboe@suse.de wrote:
> > note different day and time!
> >
> > 2:00pm PDT (GMT-0700), 4:00pm CDT, 5:00pm EDT Wednesday May 14, 2003.
>
> How about doing it a bit earlier, for the europeans joining? At least
> for me, 2 hours earlier looks a lot better.

And for Australians (East coast at least), it goes from difficult (7am)
to impossible (5am) :-).  But as I wasn't going to make 7am anyway, don't
let me hold you up.

I know that Email conversations tend to go more slowly than IRC, but at
least everyone can participate in their own timezone.

NeilBrown

* Re: lse conference switched to IRC to discuss 2.6 must-fix list
@ 2003-05-13 12:55   ` Alan Cox
From: Alan Cox @ 2003-05-13 12:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jens Axboe
	kernel-janitor-discuss

> > 2:00pm PDT (GMT-0700), 4:00pm CDT, 5:00pm EDT Wednesday May 14, 2003.
>
> How about doing it a bit earlier, for the europeans joining? At least
> for me, 2 hours earlier looks a lot better.

As I said before I can't do Wednesday.

( Akpm may not have received that mail as his mail host seems to bounce
direct mail from me)

* Re: lse conference switched to IRC to discuss 2.6 must-fix list
@ 2003-05-13 18:01     ` Hanna Linder
From: Hanna Linder @ 2003-05-13 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan Cox, Jens Axboe, Neil Brown, akpm
	kernel-janitor-discuss

--On Tuesday, May 13, 2003 01:55:50 PM +0100 Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk> wrote:

>> > 2:00pm PDT (GMT-0700), 4:00pm CDT, 5:00pm EDT Wednesday May 14, 2003.
>>
>> How about doing it a bit earlier, for the europeans joining? At least
>> for me, 2 hours earlier looks a lot better.
>
> As I said before I can't do Wednesday.

Alan,

It is too late to switch this one (again). However, I would be happy to
organize another one on a different day/time for the Europeans. Andrew,
what is the earliest in the day you can do it? Alan, how about Tuesday or
Thursday next week?

I would still like to try a conference call so if that is acceptable to a
subset of participants I would be happy to organize that for the next one.
Just think of the enjoyment from making fun of our American accents!

Seriously, conference calls are an opportunity for the rest of the
Kernel Community to hear each others voices and communicate in a
different way than has been done widely before. Especially for people who
can't attend OLS. I think it will help bring people together in a way that
email and irc can't. Maybe it's a woman thing, I dont know ;)

Hanna

* Re: lse conference switched to IRC to discuss 2.6 must-fix list
@ 2003-05-13 23:04       ` Alan Cox
From: Alan Cox @ 2003-05-13 23:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hanna Linder
  Cc: Jens Axboe, Neil Brown, akpm, lse-tech,
	Linux Kernel Mailing List, kernel-janitor-discuss

On Maw, 2003-05-13 at 19:01, Hanna Linder wrote:
> It is too late to switch this one (again). However, I would be happy to
> organize another one on a different day/time for the Europeans. Andrew,
> what is the earliest in the day you can do it? Alan, how about Tuesday or
> Thursday next week?

Oh it wasnt a request to rearrange, I know you can never get everyone
together 8) Being IRC I can just read the log later

> Seriously, conference calls are an opportunity for the rest of the
> Kernel Community to hear each others voices and communicate in a
> different way than has been done widely before. Especially for people who
> can't attend OLS. I think it will help bring people together in a way that
> email and irc can't. Maybe it's a woman thing, I dont know ;)

And there I shall not tread...