* allocation within a range
@ 2010-02-23 23:51 Auguste Mome
From: Auguste Mome @ 2010-02-23 23:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hello,
I'd like to use kmem_cache() system, but need the memory taken from a
specific range.
I think about adding new zone and define new GFP flag to either select
or ignore the zone.
Does it sound possible (then I welcome any hint if you know where to
add the appropriated
test in allocator, how to attach the region to the new zone id), or
slab/slub system is not
designed for this, I should forget it and opt for another system?
August.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2010-02-23 23:58 UTC | newest]