* Release Announcements
@ 2012-07-22 16:08 Shea Levy
From: Shea Levy @ 2012-07-22 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hello,

The linux-kernel-announce doesn't seem to have had any traffic since 3.1-rc4 (maybe due to the kernel.org break-in?). Is there a recommended way to get email news of kernel releases without being subscribed to the main kernel list?

Cheers,
Shea

* Re: Release Announcements
@ 2012-07-23  8:22 ` Borislav Petkov
From: Borislav Petkov @ 2012-07-23  8:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Shea Levy; +Cc: linux-kernel, ftpadmin

On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 12:08:34PM -0400, Shea Levy wrote:
> The linux-kernel-announce doesn't seem to have had any traffic
> since 3.1-rc4 (maybe due to the kernel.org break-in?). Is there a
> recommended way to get email news of kernel releases without being
> subscribed to the main kernel list?

Let's CC some more people about this.

--
Regards/Gruss,
    Boris.

* Re: Release Announcements
@ 2012-07-23 17:52   ` J.H.
From: J.H. @ 2012-07-23 17:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Borislav Petkov, Shea Levy, linux-kernel, ftpadmin

On 07/23/2012 02:22 AM, Borislav Petkov wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 12:08:34PM -0400, Shea Levy wrote:
>> The linux-kernel-announce doesn't seem to have had any traffic
>> since 3.1-rc4 (maybe due to the kernel.org break-in?). Is there a
>> recommended way to get email news of kernel releases without being
>> subscribed to the main kernel list?
>
> Let's CC some more people about this.

Follow the respective gitweb RSS feeds?  I'll have to do some digging to
figure out where those e-mails got generated from.  I do want to say
that that *SHOULD* be working, but if the e-mails aren't showing up in
the archives that may have gotten broken somewhere.

- John 'Warthog9' Hawley

* Re: Release Announcements
@ 2012-07-24  0:37     ` Shea Levy
From: Shea Levy @ 2012-07-24  0:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: J.H.; +Cc: Borislav Petkov, linux-kernel, ftpadmin

On 07/23/2012 01:52 PM, J.H. wrote:
> On 07/23/2012 02:22 AM, Borislav Petkov wrote:
>> On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 12:08:34PM -0400, Shea Levy wrote:
>>> The linux-kernel-announce doesn't seem to have had any traffic
>>> since 3.1-rc4 (maybe due to the kernel.org break-in?). Is there a
>>> recommended way to get email news of kernel releases without being
>>> subscribed to the main kernel list?
>> Let's CC some more people about this.
>>
> Follow the respective gitweb RSS feeds?

Fair enough, I'll do this until another solution is forthcoming.

> I'll have to do some digging to
> figure out where those e-mails got generated from.  I do want to say
> that that *SHOULD* be working, but if the e-mails aren't showing up in
> the archives that may have gotten broken somewhere.

They're not just not showing up in the archives, I subscribed a week or
so before the 3.5 release and I've not gotten a single mail yet.

Cheers,
Shea