* linux-next: upcoming conflict between the target-updates and target-bva trees
@ 2017-06-02  3:39 Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2017-06-02  3:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicholas A. Bellinger, Bart Van Assche

Hi all,

Last night the tagret-bva tree was rebased on top of the target-updates
tree.  Just now, part of the target-updates tree has been rewritten.
So now I expect to get conflict(s) when I merge these trees since the
commits in the target-updates tree are no longer the same as those that
the target-bva tree was rebased on top of.

Please take a little time to sort out your development process.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

* Re: linux-next: upcoming conflict between the target-updates and target-bva trees
@ 2017-06-02  4:03 ` Nicholas A. Bellinger
From: Nicholas A. Bellinger @ 2017-06-02  4:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell

On Fri, 2017-06-02 at 13:39 +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Last night the tagret-bva tree was rebased on top of the target-updates
> tree.  Just now, part of the target-updates tree has been rewritten.
> So now I expect to get conflict(s) when I merge these trees since the
> commits in the target-updates tree are no longer the same as those that
> the target-bva tree was rebased on top of.
>
> Please take a little time to sort out your development process.

Unfortunately, this is going to continue to be a problem once these
patches are list reviewed, and included in target-updates.

Bart, can you please drop the patches until they are list reviewed so
there isn't a constant stream of merge conflicts in linux-next for your
un-reviewed code..?

* Re: linux-next: upcoming conflict between the target-updates and target-bva trees
@ 2017-06-02  4:55   ` Bart Van Assche
From: Bart Van Assche @ 2017-06-02  4:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicholas A. Bellinger, Stephen Rothwell

On 06/01/17 21:03, Nicholas A. Bellinger wrote:
> On Fri, 2017-06-02 at 13:39 +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
>> Last night the target-bva tree was rebased on top of the target-updates
>> tree.  Just now, part of the target-updates tree has been rewritten.
>> So now I expect to get conflict(s) when I merge these trees since the
>> commits in the target-updates tree are no longer the same as those that
>> the target-bva tree was rebased on top of.
>>
>> Please take a little time to sort out your development process.
>
> Unfortunately, this is going to continue to be a problem once these
> patches are list reviewed, and included in target-updates.
>
> Bart, can you please drop the patches?
Hello Stephen and Nic,

I have just reset that branch to v4.12-rc1. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Bart.