* Re: Problem with 2.4.1/2.4.3 and CD-RW ide-scsi drive
@ 2001-04-13  1:32 Douglas Gilbert
From: Douglas Gilbert @ 2001-04-13  1:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel; +Cc: Tim Meushaw

Tim Meushaw <meushaw@pobox.com> wrote:
> I've got an update for this problem I emailled about
> last night (and for which I only received one reply :-) ).
>
> Strangely enough, I'm able to actually burn a CD
> using the cd-rw described below, and can verify
> data written to it (using X-CD-Roast). I still can't
> actually mount a cd in the drive without getting the
> error described below, but at least I can burn CDs now.
>
> Does this behavior sound like a kernel problem, or
> does it suggest a bug in the 'mount' utility?

Tim,
At the risk of Jens jumping on this post, I think
there was some problem mounting cdroms that is
fixed in the "ac" series, the latest of which is
2.4.3-ac5 . Perhaps you could try it and report
back.

The fact that you can write a cd (which does not
involve the sr driver) means that the rest of the SCSI
subsystem and the ide-scsi driver seem to be working
ok. I doubt that this is a problem with the mount
command.

Doug Gilbert

* Re: Problem with 2.4.1/2.4.3 and CD-RW ide-scsi drive
@ 2001-04-13  2:16 ` Tim Meushaw
From: Tim Meushaw @ 2001-04-13  2:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Douglas Gilbert; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Thu, Apr 12, 2001 at 09:32:40PM -0400, Douglas Gilbert wrote:
> At the risk of Jens jumping on this post, I think
> there was some problem mounting cdroms that is
> fixed in the "ac" series, the latest of which is
> 2.4.3-ac5 . Perhaps you could try it and report
> back.

Okay, I'll give that a try, probably testing it on Saturday, and will
give the results of it.  I'd be also interested to see if it works with
those fixes or not.

> The fact that you can write a cd (which does not
> involve the sr driver) means that the rest of the SCSI
> subsystem and the ide-scsi driver seem to be working
> ok. I doubt that this is a problem with the mount
> command.

That's good to hear at least.  :-)  It did seem like ide-scsi was
working fine, given every other operation I could think of other than
mount was working perfectly.

Thanks for the reply!  I'll make sure to say if 2.4.3-ac5 affects things
any.

Tim

--
Timothy A. Meushaw
meushaw@pobox.com

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 232 bytes --]

* Re: Problem with 2.4.1/2.4.3 and CD-RW ide-scsi drive
@ 2001-04-13  0:53 ` Tim Meushaw
From: Tim Meushaw @ 2001-04-13  0:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset=unknown-8bit, Size: 3403 bytes --]

--

@ 2001-04-12  2:53 Tim Meushaw
From: Tim Meushaw @ 2001-04-12  2:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel