* pci_fixup_via691_2 - again
@ 2001-05-02  9:04 Jacek Popławski
From: Jacek Popławski @ 2001-05-02  9:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Will it be possible to disable this fixup in kernel setup? I think, when VIA
MVP3 people will see, that 2.4.x is slower than 2.2.19, they just stay with
2.2.19, and if I understand correctly - 2.2.19 is unsafe like 2.4.4 with that
fixup disabled. I use this chipset for about year, never had any strange
filesystem crash. People who use Linux as a server system should enable any
security fixup, but if I use Linux as a workstation - I need fast video. And I
do backups.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-05-02  9:06 UTC | newest]