* Solved ?: IDE Performance lack !
@ 2001-05-27 10:06 Guido Stepken
From: Guido Stepken @ 2001-05-27 10:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi !

My performance problemes have disappeared. I recompiled the kernel with:

(Direct) PCI access mode
APIC and IOApic   == OFF
SCSI competely == OFF
NE1000/2000 Modules compiled in as Module (directly compiled in did not work)
Changed BIOS PCI Mode to AUTO (perhaps useless)

Now my performance is normal, with and without hdparm optimisations (tnx to
posters)

IMHO, there are still problems with interrupts (is thre still one
interrupt/IP paket ??)

regards, Guido Stepken

* Re: Solved ?: IDE Performance lack !
@ 2001-05-27 11:08 ` Marc Schiffbauer
From: Marc Schiffbauer @ 2001-05-27 11:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

* Guido Stepken schrieb am 27.05.01 um 12:06 Uhr:
> Hi !
>
> My performance problemes have disappeared. I recompiled the kernel with:
>
> (Direct) PCI access mode
> APIC and IOApic   == OFF
> SCSI competely == OFF
> NE1000/2000 Modules compiled in as Module (directly compiled in did not work)
> Changed BIOS PCI Mode to AUTO (perhaps useless)

Hmm, strange. My PCI-Mode is (Any), I have APIC enabled
CONFIG_X86_GOOD_APIC=y
CONFIG_X86_UP_IOAPIC=y
CONFIG_X86_IO_APIC=y
CONFIG_X86_LOCAL_APIC=y

And I use SCSI.
I do not have any Problems. Do you have these Problems under heavy
load, or when your machine is idle?

> Now my performance is normal, with and without hdparm optimisations (tnx to
> posters)

Hmm. hdparm -d1 should AFAIK always speedup your IDE-HD
I have about 6MB/s without and about 26 MB/s using DMA

> IMHO, there are still problems with interrupts (is thre still one
> interrupt/IP paket ??)

Dont know. Try to find out e.g. with xosview, which shows you
interupts...

-Marc
--
| Ein neuer Service von Links2Linux.de:   /  o\   RPMs for SuSE   |