* Background scanning change on 2.4.6-pre1
@ 2001-06-07 18:50 Marcelo Tosatti
From: Marcelo Tosatti @ 2001-06-07 18:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds; +Cc: lkml, linux-mm

Hi Linus,

Who did this change to refill_inactive_scan() in 2.4.6-pre1 ?

        /*
         * When we are background aging, we try to increase the page aging
         * information in the system.
         */
        if (!target)
                maxscan = nr_active_pages >> 4;

This is going to make all pages have age 0 on an idle system after some
time (the old code from Rik which has been replaced by this code tried to
avoid that)

Could you please explain me the reasoning behind this change ?

Thanks