* source for ps command
@ 2001-07-05 11:50 Naveen Kumar Pagidimarri
From: Naveen Kumar Pagidimarri @ 2001-07-05 11:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hai All,

	    Please tell me where can i get the source of ps command or

	related source code for the implementation of ps command.

Advance Thanks for all

Naveen

* [OT] Re: source for ps command
@ 2001-07-05 12:15 ` Erik Mouw
From: Erik Mouw @ 2001-07-05 12:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Naveen Kumar Pagidimarri; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Thu, Jul 05, 2001 at 05:20:38PM +0530, Naveen Kumar Pagidimarri wrote:
> 	    Please tell me where can i get the source of ps command or
>
> 	related source code for the implementation of ps command.

If you don't get an answer it might be that:

- your question is off topic for this list
- the answer is too trivial to tell
- nobody had time to answer it

In any case don't post the same question within 30 minutes.

Getting the source of a package is simple. On an RPM compatible system
(Red Hat, SuSE, Mandrake):

  erik@merijn:~ >rpm -qf `which ps`
  procps-2.0.6-5
  (get the procps-2.0.6 SRPM from CD or download it from the web)

On a Debian system it's even easier:

  erik@arthur:~ >dpkg -S `which ps`
  procps: /bin/ps
  erik@arthur:~ >apt-get -qq source procps
  dpkg-source: extracting procps in procps-2.0.7

Erik

Phone: +31-15-2783635  Fax: +31-15-2781843  Email: J.A.K.Mouw@its.tudelft.nl