* APM on Acer Travelmate 350te
@ 2001-08-04 16:48 David Blackman
From: David Blackman @ 2001-08-04 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel, apmd-list

Hey All-

	I have an acer travelmate 350te laptop, everything works
underlinux except the modem (duh) and power managment. With APM, apm
--suspend works, but the laptop never wakes up, and just shows the last
contents of the vga buffer, acpi in prior kernel versions (2.4.2 ->
2.4.5) would have a /proc/power, so I could get battery info by hand,
but no suspend, 2.4.7 has no /proc/power, or /proc/sys/acpi at all.

	I don't know much about what I can do to fix the problem.

	The bios says version 'V3.3 R01-A0A'.

	Under 2.4.5 with acpi, I get this output:

ACPI: Core Subsystem version [20010208]
ACPI: Subsystem enabled
ACPI: System firmware supports: C2 C3
ACPI: plvl2lat=99 plvl3lat=999
ACPI: C2 enter=1417 C2 exit=354
ACPI: C3 enter=42905 C3 exit=3575
ACPI: Using ACPI idle
ACPI: If experiencing system slowness, try adding "acpi=no-idle" to cmdline
ACPI: System firmware supports: S0 S1 S4 S5
ACPI: found EC @ (0x62,0x66,GPE 34 GL 34)
AC Adapter: found
Cmbatt: Battery socket 0 occupied

	2.4.5 with apm

apm: BIOS version 1.2 Flags 0x0f (Driver version 1.14)

	I've tried every combination of driver opts to apm, as well as
	changing	 apm_bios_entry.offset = apm_bios_info.offset;
	to 		 apm_bios_entry.offset = apm_bios_info.offset & 0xffff;
	which was a fix that worked for some older travelmates.

any help would be appreciated, if there's any more data I can extract
from my end, please let me know.

thanks,
--dave

* Re: APM on Acer Travelmate 350te
@ 2001-08-05 20:08 ` Pavel Machek
From: Pavel Machek @ 2001-08-05 20:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: david, linux-kernel, apmd-list

Hi!

> 	I have an acer travelmate 350te laptop, everything works
> underlinux except the modem (duh) and power managment. With APM, apm
> --suspend works, but the laptop never wakes up, and just shows the last
> contents of the vga buffer, acpi in prior kernel versions (2.4.2 ->
> 2.4.5) would have a /proc/power, so I could get battery info by hand,
> but no suspend, 2.4.7 has no /proc/power, or /proc/sys/acpi at all.

2.4.7 has /proc/acpi, check that.
								Pavel
--
I'm pavel@ucw.cz. "In my country we have almost anarchy and I don't care."
Panos Katsaloulis describing me w.r.t. patents at discuss@linmodems.org

* RE: APM on Acer Travelmate 350te
@ 2001-08-06 17:04 Grover, Andrew
From: Grover, Andrew @ 2001-08-06 17:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'david@whizziwig.com', linux-kernel, apmd-list

> From: David Blackman [mailto:david@whizziwig.com]
> 	I have an acer travelmate 350te laptop, everything works
> underlinux except the modem (duh) and power managment. With APM, apm
> --suspend works, but the laptop never wakes up, and just
> shows the last
> contents of the vga buffer, acpi in prior kernel versions (2.4.2 ->
> 2.4.5) would have a /proc/power, so I could get battery info by hand,
> but no suspend, 2.4.7 has no /proc/power, or /proc/sys/acpi at all.

While not directly related to your APM problem...

ACPI data is under /proc/acpi at the moment - I hope this is helpful, but
until we implement sleep I'd recommend keep trying to get APM working.

Regards -- Andy